The Black Member Quest

• nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Hi, welcome everyone.

I'm going to start posting on this blog, to mostly tell my progress, and somehow it feels if you tell someone you're steps and what you've done, you could have a better point of view of your mistakes.

This journey is playing on Full Tilt Poker (the one i'm affiliated to PokerStrategy.com). But i will have some challenges on PokerStars too, and the reason i've started this blog is to avoid myself of making bad decisions i've made in the past (playing beyond my bankroll limits for example)

Today's balance:
      Full Tilt Poker: $50.60 (still have not accepted the Holiday Bonus)
      PokerStars: $33.47 (never deposited)

Goals to Friday 15 pm ET
      1. Building my bankroll up to $100 on Full Tilt Poker
      2. Building my bankroll up to $80 on PokerStars

I would be strictly following PokerStrategy.com bankroll managment pov on both platforms. And i would mostly be playing 1 table per platform (2 tables at once on the screen).

I would post my results every day at 15pm ET
  • 7 replies
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Well, first update.

Didn't had much time to play today 'cause i got a final exam tommorow, so i played about 2,3 sng's only today.

Goals update:
      Full Tilt Poker BR: $56.93 (Still $43.07 to go)
      PokerStars BR: $36.77 (Still $43.23 to go)

Tommorow i shall play about 6-8 SNG (final exam is tommorow so, i would have a lot of catch-up on Friday to do.
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Hi nathan.

It's nice to see you taking modest goals for the start here, becoming black member is really a matter of grinding for two of three months, so that should be easy. :)

I'm just a bit concerned about your BR goals. As you probably know poker is a longerm oriented game and setting goals on your BR for 3 days in advance is really adventurous, because things can happen in that short amount on which you can have absolutely no influence. So you can play best poker in the world, but still don't achieve your BR goal. So just as a precaution not to get to disappointed quickly, I would recommend you to set a bit more midterm oriented BR goals. :)

And may the boomswitch be with you! :f_cool:
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Wow, hard day today. Didn't had time to play poker, however university comes first.

Yes Berkstajger, i totally agree with you, when i set the goals for first i was thinking i would had more hours of play. Not going to happen but i'm not changing the goals for this week.

As i already know, there's a lot of job to be done so i can feel at least good for myself and returning to the $500 BR.

Still, i'm just posting results tommorow 15h ET. Right now i'm playing a $1 9-handed SNG @ Full Tilt and @ PokerStars.

May i make the right decisions always.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      So i'm back.

Didn't had much quality poker time on these past few days because i was at final college days but it was ok to put my mind straight on the goals too and well, i did played some poker tables and glad to say, not much, but the bankroll did grew.

Current Status
      :diamond: Full Tilt Poker BR: $82.99 (+$26.06) (+45.77%)
      :spade: PokerStars BR: $66.15 (+$29.38) (+79.90%)

Following some suggestions, including the only from Berkstajger. I would set some moderate goals ( ones i will be glad to achieve :f_biggrin: ) and some insane goals ( the ones it would be sweet getting to it, but not a bummer if don't :f_cool: ).

Goals (to be reached until friday 11.12.09)
      Moderate Goals :f_biggrin:
      • :diamond: FTP BR: up to $115
      • :diamond: Playing $2 9-handed sngs
      • :diamond: Starting BSS on NL2 on FTP
      • :diamond: Playing at least 2 $1 MTT with 90+ players
      • :spade: PS BR: up to $90

Insane Goals :f_cool:
      • :diamond: FTP BR: up to $150
      • :diamond: Playing $2 9-handed sngs
      • :diamond: Starting BSS on NL2 on FTP
      • :diamond: Playing at least 5 $1 MTT with 90+ players
      • :spade: PS BR: up to $120

obs: I will still be playing 1 table each platform as i am doing. No multi tabling on the same platform. Might start posting some key hands.

obs²: I just accepted the FTP holiday bonus. I will be talking how much it has been released. Altought at this speed i'm not thinking too much will get cashed.

Posting results tommorow.
    • Orvara
      Orvara
      Silver
      Your insane goals are the same as the Goals. Was that on purpose or did you forget them.

Insane Goals :f_cool:
      • :diamond: FTP BR: up to $1500
      • :diamond: Playing $20 9-handed sngs
      • :diamond: Starting BSS on NL50 on FTP
      • :diamond: Playing at least 5 $109 MTT with 90+ players
      • :spade: PS BR: up to $1200

I changed them for you ;)

Hope you don´t mind.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Sure now the BR is low. But doubling up both BR would been kind'a nice. If i reach that 'insane goal' before friday goals change.

And i do mind you put me on bad bankroll ones. had to be like: $30 9-handed. $10 MTT and BSS on NL25 ;]
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      So day went slow as i needed to shoot a scene at a Kart track (i work as an actor part-time). Pretty sweet by the way, but my forearms and neck are killing me (seems fun, but racing for 4 hours takes a lot out of you).

Well, i did play some poker today, and after some sick beats that are still haunting me, i've managed to make a little progress today.

Wednesday could be slow too as there's a possibility to be shooting a scene on the beach, if the weather is fine of course. But here are my bankroll updates for today:

Current Status
      :diamond: Full Tilt Poker BR: $95.33 (+$12.34) (+14.86%)
      :spade: PokerStars BR: $69.75 (+$3.60) (+5.44%)

Pokerstars went a lot of ups and downs and i shut down with the a 5 buy-in per session rule.