[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR AKo multiway preflop

• Janusrichmond
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, K.
      UTG1 raises to $0.20, UTG2 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.65, 6 folds, UTG1 raises to $3.00, UTG2 calls $1.00(All-In), Hero folds.

I didn´t really know what to do here when I got reraised. But I dicided just do fold. I think I am almost potcomitted if I just make a call so an all in reraise would be my only option to the fold? Or, would it be an idea to call and fold If I don´t hit the flop?

If UTG1 had folded to my raise pre, but the shortstack on UTG2 had pushed all in, it would have been a call (he was not playing SSS)? My experience says that the shortstacks who are not playing SSS are pretty fishy and tend to go broke with pretty bad cards. That´s why I think AK is strong enought against a shortstack but not against the other guy.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I agree it's a push/fold decision, calling off more than half your stack planning to fold on 2/3 of all flops is just horrible. And i think folding is fine, your raise clearly committed you against the shortstack and yet UTG1 said he doesn't care by 4betting you, so his range likely looks like AK/QQ+ at that point. If we read into his bet sizing he looks decent he opened 4x, but his 4bet is really huge, makes me think he has AK too more often than not, but maybe he's just bad at sizing 4bets. Even if he has AK you're splitting with him often + losing to the shorty sometimes, and when he happens to have KK+ you're dead, so getting out of the way is ok.

If UTG1 folds it's a clear broke against UTG2, there is no way you can fold against him for the $0.6 he has left no matter who he is. Don't ever fold AK to shortstackers anyway, even if they're "good".

Hope it helps.