This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 AA again

• GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Silver
      Here's another hand I misplayed with the two black aces...

The table was being very aggressive towards limpers, so I decided to go for a limp-raise. When the BB repoped it, I know I'm going to have no trouble getting heads up action, so I clickraised.

On the flop, I thought about working his stack in in two moves rather than one, but when he shoved I thought that he either had AK or KK, with the edge to KK, since my preflop play so clearly represented aces. I actually wanted to throw the hand away there, but since I was beating some of the hands he might shove there (AK), I decided to call the rest.

Am I overthinking in spots like this? Just reraise pre to about 11 then shove the flop?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $25.75
      SB:
      $13.00
      BB:
      $26.20
      MP1(Hero):
      $29.45
      MP2:
      $33.70
      MP3:
      $23.85
      CO:
      $15.00

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, A.
      Hero calls $0.25, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, CO folds, BU raises to $1.50, SB folds, BB raises to $4.50, Hero raises to $9.00, 2 folds, BB calls $4.50.

Flop: ($19.85) 2, K, 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $8.00, BB raises to $17.20, Hero calls $9.20.

Turn: ($54.25) 3 (0 players)
      Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($54.25) 8 (0 players)
      Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $45.05.
      Results follow:

BB shows (K K).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and threes(A A).
  • 2 replies