This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh Tptk +Fd

• peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($36.48)
      Button ($10)
      MP ($5.09)
      BB ($13.03)
      Hero (CO) ($21.99)
      UTG ($2)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, A
      1 fold, MP calls $0.10, Hero bets $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30, MP calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.25) 4, J, 10 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.69, BB raises $3.26, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.57

Turn: ($7.77) 10 (2 players)
      BB raises to $9.37 (All-In), Hero calls $9.37

River: ($26.51) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $26.51

Well I realise I didn't play this hand very well and should have 3 bet the flop but how much? If I raise to $8-9 I'm basically asking for his stack so should I just push?

Also I was trying to find villians stats in HEM any help on how I can do this? I believe villian was 70/8 with agg factor 0.8
  • 2 replies
    • ciasteczkoM
      ciasteczkoM
      Bronze
      Hi!

Preflop
      I use standard 4bb raise + 1 for each limper, so 50c raise is better for me

Flop
      Your cbet should reflect board and number of opponents and vary in size from 2/3 to 3/4 pot size

In this case you should cbet higher for value 80c is minimum 90c i think is ok size for cbet here.

That for basics.

FLOP
      After bb c/r pot size into two opponents i put him on monster JT.44,TT,JJ, and i think you are already behind assuming he have AF 0.8 he will rarely bluff in this spot. I dont think that he can throw away any resonable hand to your 3bet so i dont like semibluff idea. On the other hand you have 1:2 pot odds and great IO with position to call bb raise. I think calling his raise was not mistake.

Turn
      For me it is easy fold. All of hands that i am putting your opponent on have you drawing dead.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Stats can be deceiving over a small sample and the AF stat depends on the VPIP, so it's usually a lot lower for a very loose villain even if he's aggressive postflop.

Against erratic players you don't have much of a read on, it's usually better to just play for absolute hand strength and felt TPTK+NFD on the flop on the offchance he has a worse made hand/draw, even if he happens to have two pairs/a set you're not in that bad a shape.

If it turned out he had those stats over a big sample and you had never seen him raise postflop before, then calling the flop looking for a heart and folding a blank turn would likely be best.

Hope it helps.