[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh Tptk +Fd

• peche025
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($36.48)
      Button ($10)
      MP ($5.09)
      BB ($13.03)
      Hero (CO) ($21.99)
      UTG ($2)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, A
      1 fold, MP calls $0.10, Hero bets $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30, MP calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.25) 4, J, 10 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.69, BB raises $3.26, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.57

Turn: ($7.77) 10 (2 players)
      BB raises to $9.37 (All-In), Hero calls $9.37

River: ($26.51) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $26.51

Well I realise I didn't play this hand very well and should have 3 bet the flop but how much? If I raise to $8-9 I'm basically asking for his stack so should I just push?

Also I was trying to find villians stats in HEM any help on how I can do this? I believe villian was 70/8 with agg factor 0.8
  • 2 replies
    • ciasteczkoM

I use standard 4bb raise + 1 for each limper, so 50c raise is better for me

Your cbet should reflect board and number of opponents and vary in size from 2/3 to 3/4 pot size

In this case you should cbet higher for value 80c is minimum 90c i think is ok size for cbet here.

That for basics.

After bb c/r pot size into two opponents i put him on monster JT.44,TT,JJ, and i think you are already behind assuming he have AF 0.8 he will rarely bluff in this spot. I dont think that he can throw away any resonable hand to your 3bet so i dont like semibluff idea. On the other hand you have 1:2 pot odds and great IO with position to call bb raise. I think calling his raise was not mistake.

For me it is easy fold. All of hands that i am putting your opponent on have you drawing dead.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Stats can be deceiving over a small sample and the AF stat depends on the VPIP, so it's usually a lot lower for a very loose villain even if he's aggressive postflop.

Against erratic players you don't have much of a read on, it's usually better to just play for absolute hand strength and felt TPTK+NFD on the flop on the offchance he has a worse made hand/draw, even if he happens to have two pairs/a set you're not in that bad a shape.

If it turned out he had those stats over a big sample and you had never seen him raise postflop before, then calling the flop looking for a heart and folding a blank turn would likely be best.

Hope it helps.