HU SNG starting 150BB deep 1hr of play to reach 50/100

• KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      On UB their normal speed SNGs start at 5/10 with 1500 chips and the limits go up every 10 minutes, it takes 60 minutes to reach 50/100, with a structure as slow as a snail can we play the first limits just like a cash game since we are both pretty deep?
      With players being so bad and so impatient I feel my edge is huge...Is this going to be the best way at the lower limits to get "cash game" experience?
      I've been using these games to work on my NLHE and PLO HU game.
  • 3 replies
    • PokerRoad
      PokerRoad
      Bronze
      No this would be a mistake imo...
      I'm not a sng grinder but the value of your chips in all sngs if far greater then cash game chips ( as when players get knocked out or lose chips your equity goes up)...

so it seems correct to start with a tight strategy and open up as the levels go up.
      but calln with speciltive hands pf with good implied odds to win a large pot is not worth nearly as much as a cash game & is a terrible strat.
    • TheClowns
      TheClowns
      Bronze
      The difference on HU SNG and HU CG is that the goal is not the same. In HU SNG your goal is to have the best winrate as possible. In HU CG is to have the best bb/100 as possible.

With a slow structure like this you can be more patient (patient don't mean tight...) There's a lot of different winning strategy, the most important is to understand what you are doing ;) .
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerRoad
      No this would be a mistake imo...
      I'm not a sng grinder but the value of your chips in all sngs if far greater then cash game chips ( as when players get knocked out or lose chips your equity goes up)...

so it seems correct to start with a tight strategy and open up as the levels go up.
      but calln with speciltive hands pf with good implied odds to win a large pot is not worth nearly as much as a cash game & is a terrible strat.
      This is correct for 6-handed or full-ring SNGs but not for HU. Since the winner takes all, the independent chip model (icm) doenst work here. It 's only useful when there is a payout structure different then 'winner takes all.

So 'oddswise', you should play it the same as in a cash-game.