[NL20-NL50] 50NL SH 65o BvB Turn/River

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

UTG ($11.85)
      Button ($47.75)
      SB ($60.30)

Gerv (BB) ($50)

Preflop: Gerv is BB with 5, 6
      2 folds, SB bets $1.25, Gerv calls $1

Flop: ($3) 8, 5, 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $2, Gerv calls $2

Turn: ($7) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $6.50, Gerv calls $6.50

River: ($20) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Gerv bets $10, SB calls $10

Calling Turn was imo questionable but it doesn't really add anything + he is relatively barrel happy as you can see at his stats + its BvB.

Should I value my straight higher and vBet $14ish ?

Was raising Flop and going from there a better alternative/
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I see he`s folding 50% to cbet raise and u have ok hand so I guess raising flop would be ok. But you could also go for a call since u have good equity . I think either line is fine here on the flop. But raising makes your turn decision easier so I like that more.

As played I would call turn since BvB he might fire again there with air and you can still be ahead sometimes.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      there could be so many ugly turn and river cards where you have to fold your hand or even if river is blank and he barrels again I think you have to fold your hand
      So for that reasons I´d turn my hand into semibluff and raise flop expecting to get folds or calls a lot of times and some % if he is 3-betting with flushdraw/overpair or two pair+ I´m happy to fold my hand, since I don´t have that hand range a lot of equity anyway
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      So a raise to $7-$8 and then evaluate the turn when called?

If Turn bricks, do I bet it then or to put it into other words: do I bet the Turn when called? a FD can be in his range but also in mine range and checking behind on a turncard is not really convincing that you have sth in your hand.. ?(

Thanks
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      So a raise to $7-$8 and then evaluate the turn when called?

If Turn bricks, do I bet it then or to put it into other words: do I bet the Turn when called? a FD can be in his range but also in mine range and checking behind on a turncard is not really convincing that you have sth in your hand.. ?(

Thanks
      even 6$ is fine amount, since that would put him on decision how he wants top play his draws or overpairs or for example 8x/77 hand
      If get called I´d check back, since I don´t expect him to fold on blank turn too many worse hands. If turn card is flushdraw, then you can turn your hand into bluff and b/f hoping he is folding overpairs to your strong turn bet.