UTG ($2)
      Hero ($2.15)
      MP ($2.19)
      CO ($0.36)
      BTN ($2.69)
      SB ($1.87)
      BB ($3.86)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 7 players) Hero is UTG+1 T T
      UTG calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, SB calls $0.07, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: K J A ($0.26, 3 players)
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.14, SB calls $0.14, UTG folds

Turn: T ($0.54, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.28, SB folds

I posted a hand like this before, and I was told that they villians might have nothing but make us think they got the nuts if we don't the right bets .

I think I played just fine this hand
  • 2 replies
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I think your hand is too weak on the flop, because of 3 overcards so you shouldn't cbet for value. You also can't bluff on such flop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd rather check back the flop 3-way, it's way too likely at least one of them has Ax/Kx/Jx and they're not folding any of these hands on the flop. We can get value from spades/Qx/Tx, but most of these hands will often have a pair too and Tx are discounted a bit because we have TT.

I think i know what you're talking about, and it's true that in some situations c-betting to take it down against monkeys or good aggressive players that will barrel when shown weakness is better not to get blown off the best hand, but the truth is here our hand often isn't best, if it is it's because we're up against low spades/small pocket pairs that often won't try to bluff us because the board is very scary. Even if we're ahead now on many turn/rivers we won't be anymore. Some battles just aren't worth fighting.

Hope it helps.