SSS AK preflop

• Sebby07
      Hey! Let's say you're dealer. And you raise with AK in your hand. Someone sitting on the blinds calls. Then the flop reveals all cards under 9 and the other person rises. How should I react in this situation?
  • 3 replies
    • dandycal
      Hi Sebby,

This situation will depend a lot on any reads you might have on your opponent, the texture of the board, his betting size etc. You need to know whether you have any draws (FD, or backdoor FD), whether your oppoent usually donkbets/folds, or whether he donkbets with a decent hand. Without any read you'll probably very often have to fold there.
    • Smileyphil
      The most important thing here is reads on the opponent but against an unknown these are the main things I consider.

1) The size of their raise compared to the pot. (Less than half is usually a sign of extreme weakness)

2) Whether my re-raise (all in) will be large enough to create any fold equity.

3) Whether my overcard outs are clean and whether ace-high might be the best hand.

Its a tough situation and often a raise is quite marginal meaning a fold is never an awful decision. Of course if you notice them doing it a lot you can then adjust.
    • OnkelHotte
      Hey guys,

I am afraid there is a misunderstanding. This feedback forum should not be used for hand judgment or strategy discussions but your feedback to the educational services provides for you.

So feel free to use this forum to leave any kind of criticism or praise, any organisational questions or suggestions for improvements.

For strategy discussions and hand evaluations please use the dedicated forums.

No Limit Stratedy discussions & Hand evaluations

Fixed Limit Strategy Discussions & Hand Evaluations

SNG+MTT Strategy Discussions & Hand Evaluations