Earning Strategy-Points.. (Q)

• BlackMascot
      BlackMascot
      Bronze
      I'm signed on PokerStars and i checked the chart which said that eny 2 FPP points worths 1 SP.
      I have 21 PTT and only 1 SP..

Why is that?!

thx
  • 5 replies
    • MrPaulsen
      MrPaulsen
      Bronze
      Give it some time to update.
    • BlackMascot
      BlackMascot
      Bronze
      Ohh due to time it will straighten up with the FPP?!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi BlackMascot,

Yes, it can sometimes take a short while for your play to be fully tracked through from each poker platform.
      Don't worry however, your play is recorded and you will not lose anything.

As soon as the next update is received from PokerStars, your points should be updated.
      You can check the latest update date on the top right of your home page as indicated in the example picture below:

Best regards,

Bart
    • BlackMascot
      BlackMascot
      Bronze
      thx Bart.
      I searched around pokerstrategy and pokerstars and i stumped through a VPP thing and the word "rake".

all i know is that they should somehow help me on getting StrategyPoints.. but can you or anyone please explain those terms so i could actually use them for earning points..?!

thanx again
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey BlackMascot,

Here is a definition of "rake" for you:

Rake

The rake or chop is the house's cut of each and every pot. A hand where a rake is taken is called a raked hand. The conditions for and amount of the rake are different. Usually, a rake of 5% of the pot is taken as long as a certain threshold amount is exceeded. The amount of the maximum rake per hand is also constrained according to the particular establishment and limit.

The way rake affects StrategyPoints is simple.
      For example as you've already stated, PokerStars fives away 2PS pints for every 2VPPs you earn.

Hope this helped.

Regards,

Kyle.