[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR: TPGK vs SB

• xponentx
      Hi there,

I've only recently started playing BSS, so I am going to be posting some seemingly boring hands to get a feel for the strategy, as i'm used to playing advanced SSS.

In this hand, the villain is a 31/3 player over ~300 hands, and his fold to c-bet stat is 50% over 10 hands. I feel I may have overplayed this hand a little, but i'm used to going all the way with top pair as a SSS player.

In the first place i'm 3-Betting the CO because he is stealing 40% of the time and folding to resteal 100% of the time.

On the flop it's a standard CB, when the turn comes a T i'm thinking my kicker is still probably good, and this guy is calling the flop with 50% range anyway. I'm going for around a 2/3 pot sized bet, and since the pot is pretty big already (more than half my stack) I push.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, J.
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.95, SB calls $0.90, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2.3) 4, 7, K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.45, SB calls $1.45.

Turn: ($5.2) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $6.15(All-In), SB calls $6.15.

River: ($17.5) 6 (0 players)
      SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $11.35.

Results follow:

SB shows a pair of kings(Ac Kh).
      Hero shows a pair of kings(Kc Jd).

SB wins with a pair of kings(Ac Kh).
  • 3 replies
    • Janchiks97
      Well, you get trapped. He played this hand like he would be on draw with lots of outs. You didnt know where you stand, so i guess you played it good. Not sure about going all in on turn, maybe it was too agressive. I found myself alot in theese situations so i want to hear other opinions how to play hands like this :)
    • MaestroOfZerg

Glad you've seen the light and quit the dark side to join us :)

Not sure what hands that guy coldcalls 3bets with out of position, but it's hard to imagine there are a lot of Kx hands you beat in there once KT is ahead of you on the turn, he doesn't seem loose enough to coldcall 3bets every time with garbage. If you think he can still have a lot of draws and will continue with them shoving is fine.

Playing that hand differently requires other reads on your opponent. If you check back the turn you need to know how likely he is to bluff a blank river and what he'll do with his Kx hands. If he's the type to check down Kx and bluff busted diamonds you're golden, check back the turn and call any bet on a river blank. If he's never bluffing busted draws then that line makes no sense, you have to c/f the river or go back to shoving the turn.

Hope it helps.
    • xponentx
      Thanks very much tamairlarace. Oh and I haven't quit SSS just yet, I like the rakeback from it too much, just learning BSS in the background (20 tables SSS + 1 table BSS). Although so far the winrate on BSS is like 30bb/100 lol, much better than the 1bb/100 on SSS.