This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR: AQs 3Bet vs Maniac

• xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Ok firstly we're playing SH almost here, 7 players at the table. Villain is 82/73 over ~50 hands, and i've seen him raise and showdown complete junk, literally any two. In this respect, I'm sure the 3Bet is good. I've seen him fold to contibet a few times, his stats say 20%, so even when I miss the flop I think i'm good to CB against his range, i'm likely still ahead anyway. The turn comes a blank, and being in position and checked to, I take the opportunity to have a free card. When the river hits i'm positive i've got to be good, and i'm also pretty sure he's calling anything, so I bet big for value. What do you think?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP1:
      $11.55
      MP2:
      $9.85
      MP3(Hero):
      $11.70
      CO:
      $13.25
      BU:
      $7.00
      SB:
      $12.90

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, A.
      MP1 raises to $0.70, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $2.15, 4 folds, MP1 calls $1.45.

Flop: ($4.45) T, 5, T (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $2.80, MP1 calls $2.80.

Turn: ($10.05) 3 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($10.05) Q (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $6.75, MP1 calls $6.60.

Final Pot: $23.4.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, queens and tens(Qs As).
      MP1 shows two pairs, tens and fives(5h Js).

Hero wins with two pairs, queens and tens(Qs As).
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I like your play as it is, NH.

If he's really nuts even postflop, you can even try to c-bet a bit less to induce more bluffs and shove over a raise. You'll get a lot of folds, sometimes you'll even get called by worse overcards, and even if he shows a pair you're still in okay shape with overs and a backdoor. Make sure you're confident with your game before that tho =)

Hope it helps.