[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR: AQs 3Bet vs Maniac

• xponentx
      Ok firstly we're playing SH almost here, 7 players at the table. Villain is 82/73 over ~50 hands, and i've seen him raise and showdown complete junk, literally any two. In this respect, I'm sure the 3Bet is good. I've seen him fold to contibet a few times, his stats say 20%, so even when I miss the flop I think i'm good to CB against his range, i'm likely still ahead anyway. The turn comes a blank, and being in position and checked to, I take the opportunity to have a free card. When the river hits i'm positive i've got to be good, and i'm also pretty sure he's calling anything, so I bet big for value. What do you think?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, A.
      MP1 raises to $0.70, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $2.15, 4 folds, MP1 calls $1.45.

Flop: ($4.45) T, 5, T (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $2.80, MP1 calls $2.80.

Turn: ($10.05) 3 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($10.05) Q (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $6.75, MP1 calls $6.60.

Final Pot: $23.4.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, queens and tens(Qs As).
      MP1 shows two pairs, tens and fives(5h Js).

Hero wins with two pairs, queens and tens(Qs As).
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I like your play as it is, NH.

If he's really nuts even postflop, you can even try to c-bet a bit less to induce more bluffs and shove over a raise. You'll get a lot of folds, sometimes you'll even get called by worse overcards, and even if he shows a pair you're still in okay shape with overs and a backdoor. Make sure you're confident with your game before that tho =)

Hope it helps.