[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR: AKs 3Bet vs Unknown

• xponentx
      Still getting a hang for the BSS in this hand, didn't remember the part of the article that said to fold everything except AA and KK to a 3Bet, and being used to playing SSS, I maybe overplay the AKs a little here, but let's see what you think.

So villain 3Bets me from the BB, I only have about 20 hands on him but he is 50/17 so far, which shows me a tendancy towards a LAG style. The 2 times i've seen him 3Bet have been from the blinds, so I think it's worth a 4Bet, especially since his 3Bet is pretty small, perhaps I can scare him off with my bigger stack. I probably should lay it down when he 5-Bets, but at that point i'm up for a flip, and I still think he'd be making this move with AQ/AJ, maybe even KQ or QJ, judging by the fishy way he's played some hands before this one.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $0.40, 6 folds, BB raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $3.05, BB raises to $5.20, Hero raises to $15.75, BB calls $2.80.

Flop: ($23.3) 4, 9, A (0 players)
      BB gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($23.3) 6 (0 players)

River: ($23.3) 3 (0 players)

Final Pot: $20.5.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(Kh Ah).
      BB shows a pair of jacks(Jh Jd).

Hero wins with a pair of aces(Kh Ah).
  • 2 replies
    • thcidale
      i like to against those LAGs play against 3-bet, if im IP , call to his 3-bet, never ever fold.
      As played with the 4-bet you wont never fold this hand. And the variance can heart your money. You have position against him, so use it.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Your play is fine, it's rarely a mistake to go broke with AKs against a fishy guy with 80bb especially if he's been active before. I wouldn't put too much thought into the 50/17 stats tho, over 20 hands it could vary wildly.

Calling in position isn't horrible either but it's hard to outplay a guy who seems erratic after 20 hands, you don't have enough data to foresee his actions accurately yet. If he's c-betting high cards boards it's fine since he'll bet into you with air if you make a top pair, but you'll also have to fold a whole 2/3 of the time and get stacked all the same then preflop when he coolers you postflop.

Hope it helps.