[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR: A9s vs Calling Station

• xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      In this hand, the BB is very loose passive, with stats of 25/2, and the CO is even looser passive, with 32/7.

Obviously the BB has checked his option, so I give him very little credit for hitting the flop in any significant manner, the CO is very passive, with an AF of 0.2, so i'm thinking since i'm OOP, I should bet into this pot, and probably i'll take it down right here, or the CO will call with marginal hands hoping to get to the showdown cheap. I get 2 called, but the turn is a blank, so i'm not going to slow down, I bet again, this time around potsized, to see how serious they really are, the BB fold, and the CO calls. Now, i'm thinking maybe he really does have a hand, so I give him a little more credit. The river is a bit scary, it completes a flush, and a straight, and in an attempt to get a cheap showdown, I make a blocking bet of 1/2 the pot, i'm probably folding to a raise, but thankfully I don't have to face that decision this time.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $1.85
      SB(Hero):
      $7.05
      BB:
      $2.05
      UTG1:
      $19.00
      UTG2:
      $20.75
      MP1:
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $4.05
      MP3:
      $2.50
      CO:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 9.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.4) J, 8, A (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, BB calls $0.25, MP2 folds, CO calls $0.25.

Turn: ($1.15) 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BB folds, CO calls $1.10.

River: ($3.35) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50.

Final Pot: $6.35.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(Ac 9c).
      CO shows a pair of aces(3h Ad).

Hero wins with a pair of aces(Ac 9c).
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd just start by potting the flop against these guys, you're ahead often and the bet size just doesn't matter to them.

Turn is fine, river is definitely a bet/fold and since it's a bit thin considering the river card, a 1/2 bet will do just fine. NH.

Hope it helps.