$5.00
      MP2:
      $25.83
      MP3:
      $39.13
      CO(Hero):
      $10.37

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, BU folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($1) A, 3, T (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.70, SB folds, MP3 calls $1.10.

Turn: ($4.4) T (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.4) 3 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $4.4.

Results follow:

MP3 shows two pairs, aces and tens(9c Ah).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and tens(Jh As).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and tens(Jh As).

Should i bet again on the turn/river? I raised to protect against flush and when he called i putted him on a ace and didn´t think he would pay me off with a worse ace. Is this right or should i just fire away if i don´t get reraised?
  • 4 replies
    • luckysim1
      luckysim1
      Bronze
      I think checking turn is good, then you get to see another card, and may induce a bluff on river. After he checks river you are pretty good, so a 2/3 pot value bet may be good, he would call alot of times with a medium hand i think.
    • gummybeared
      gummybeared
      Bronze
      betting half or 2/3 on the river seems good. villain is still calling with worse and folding his missed draws.
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gummybeared
      betting half or 2/3 on the river seems good. villain is still calling with worse and folding his missed draws.
      +1
      u should definetly bet river and I also like check on the turn
      I donthtink he will ch/r u on the river so definetly bet, he will either fold or call and I dont think he has AQ or AK , he will bet it himself on the river even Tx but he will bet TX prob on turn as well or he checked to ch/r u but u are ahead on the river against the line he took so u shoud bet
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

When you raise the flop you're basically saying you think he'll show up with enough draws / worse Ax to compensate for the times he has you outkicked. Flatting is probably more appropriate against tight tags, they'll rarely have worse Ax hands and they're not so fond of drawing passively out of position, so you'll get called by better top pair hands, marginal made hands / air hands will fold, and you'll get shoved on by monsters / huge draws.

He's not folding anything of what he called the flop with to a turn bet no matter who he is, just because the turn blanked out and you yourself could still have some kind of draw. So betting the turn is better against his range of worse hands. If you get raised by a better hand it's not a problem either, it's a chance to get out when you're beat. The only problem is whether he's capable of check/raising the turn with a worse hand, and for most players the answer is no. So i'd bet/fold the turn $2.5 without better reads.

As played on the river betting is fine too, your hand looks weaker than when you bet the turn and since the draws missed you can get hero calls on his part. He rarely has a better hand at that point and when you get called he'll expect you to be bluffing so the size doesn't matter all that much, i think you can go with $3.

Hope it helps.