Another Noob Poker Blog

• Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      I'm a moderate noob when it comes to online poker. I haven't played with cash much online. I've just received my starting capital a couple days ago on FTP though. Looking to see how much I can make it grow. In 3, 1 hour sessions so far I've reached almost $90. So I'd say I'm doing decent. I can only "4 table" though, I start to fall behind if I play anymore. I'm sure with more time I can increase my limit of tables played at once.

Short term goals:

Never dip below my initial $50 starting capital. Or at least don't drop below $20.

Reach $200+ by the end of December.

Gain more experience with online play. This will come naturally with more playing.

DON'T TILT MYSELF!!! (I try to keep my emotional state managed the best I can. I usually log off if I find myself eating a bad beat, and I'm steaming.)

Reach Gold Member status.

Long term goals:

Reach $1000+ in 4-8 months.

Master the more advanced aspects of poker. (I know poker is a continual learning experience though.)

Possibly play in the WSOP 2012 or 2013 (I like tournament play)

Reach Platinum Member status.

Unrealistic long term goals:

Become a black member on this site! haha (Never know though right.)

Be a true poker professional player.

- - -

But yeah all in all I'm fairly confident and content that I can reach some of these goals.

Side notes & questions...

I really hope I never have to touch my bankroll due to some sort of financial situation. Currently I should be financially stable until April 2010. Just have to hope for the best once that time rolls around.

Does anyone else find themselves fatigued mentally after 1 hour of consistent play? I can't really keep going once I reach roughly 1 hour. I'm unsure why. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you get over it?
  • 4 replies
    • Janchiks97
      Janchiks97
      Bronze
      Hey Abhorrence

Gl, with your goals. Mine`s are quite similar, so ill be following this blog to see how r you goin :)
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      if you play in the Main event of the wsop you should already be a poker professional. (as in living off your poker winnings)

I'm also a newbie in poker. and haven't had much luck the past 2 months. But today it's finally going good :D

Also the psychology articles are VERY helpful to prevent tilting. They are probably the most useful articles i've read so far. I'd definetly recommend reading them.

If you went from $50 to $90 in 3 hours you are running VERY good. I've been stuck around $10-50 in the past 2 months..

What limit are you playing anyway? and GL at the tables.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      GL with you play man! You have taken the starting capital further than I managed haha.

Be sure to read the articles and check people's blogs out, they're a great way to think about new strategies :D
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      Well I've managed to reach $100 on my 6th session of playing. I was doing pretty bad for the first hour and half, but in the last half I managed to reach $100. Halfway to my first goal! I'm actually pretty amazed that I'm having such good runs.

I'm playing NL25 hahaownedlolz.

Also adding new goals to short and long. Just site status goals though. I forgot to add them.