Dollar sucks

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      The dollar/euro analogy has reached its lowest ever :/. Its pretty unprofitable to cash out atm , for 1000$ you get only 700 euros. Thats about 50 euros per 1000$ lower than what it was around 2 months ago.
      Btw i have a question , i see in international conversion rates that currently 1 dollar = 0.725 euros , but when i check the partypoker conversion rate it is only 0.705 euros. Why is there that difference?
      Why cant we be playing in euros :/
  • 4 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Undercover!

We know that this is a problem. That's why we are discussing with the different poker rooms about it. Hopefully there will be some changes in the future.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      You could convert your party balance if this is a problem, but while it's a bit sickening there will be periods when the dollar gains value, and regardless you have to face the fact that this is what your bankroll is worth now and there's nothing you can do about it and no way you can know what it'll be worth next week. Still, in the last month the dollar lost about 3% of its value (and that was an unusually bad month); your bankroll growth was somewhat more than 3% in the same period, I presume?

re. the difference, that's a 3% currency conversion charge. Party used not to have one, but some penny pincher in management decided that it was better to make the players pay.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      I am a bit confused about the currency conversion on partypoker. If i change my account currency to euro , does that mean that i am no longer affected by the analogy of dollar/euro ? Also do i get rid of the currency conversion charge?
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      You can count on there being a charge on converting your account, so from that point of view it's neutral (3% on every cashout is the same as 3% on all your money once).