Worst feeling in poker is when you pay off huge nits

• nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      So yeah I've decided what the absolute worst feeling at a poker table is. Some nit who's playing 8/5/0.3 at a 6MAX table over like 1k hands flops top set against your bottom set and you have no choice but to pay him off. Or he 4bets you when you're holding kings and you just know what's waiting for you as you shove.

Why does it feel so bad? I guess it's because there you are, playing your balanced 23/20 game, working your ass off making tough decisions and creating an image in order to keep people guessing and get paid off with your monsters.... and then there he is, probably feeling great and is convinced he's playing great poker and outplaying people when in reality the only action he ever fucking gets in his life is when he set-over-sets someone. I swear it's much worse than when loose fish suck out on you - at least they're giving you action with their dominated crap.

Die nits :s_evil:
  • 8 replies
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Isn't it possible to fold against nit? :f_p:
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      dont really understand what you are complaining about, you only stack off in set ups and get away from all your medium strength hands whilst winning a ton of small sized pots and blinds off the guy by just minraising his bb and also winning all the set ups in your favour.

You should be happy about the set ups as it reinforces in his mind that the way he is playing is optimal.
    • PokerRoad
      PokerRoad
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nafar84
      So yeah I've decided what the absolute worst feeling at a poker table is. Some nit who's playing 8/5/0.3 at a 6MAX table over like 1k hands flops top set against your bottom set and you have no choice but to pay him off. Or he 4bets you when you're holding kings and you just know what's waiting for you as you shove.

Why does it feel so bad? I guess it's because there you are, playing your balanced 23/20 game, working your ass off making tough decisions and creating an image in order to keep people guessing and get paid off with your monsters.... and then there he is, probably feeling great and is convinced he's playing great poker and outplaying people when in reality the only action he ever fucking gets in his life is when he set-over-sets someone. I swear it's much worse than when loose fish suck out on you - at least they're giving you action with their dominated crap.

+1
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nafar84

You're forgetting about every time you're stealing these guys their big blinds by open raising 72o in de SB imo... :p

<3 nits. As long as they're on your left :D
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Fold button?
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Not that hard to laydown a hand when he raises just auto fold because you know your beat. on the other 92% the hands you steal his blinds..
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      I can relate to that. No way I'm folding KK preflop or a set on the flop at a 6-max table.
    • moodyuae
      moodyuae
      Bronze
      Same with me, Cant fold a made straight, or KK preflop or Bottom set.

No way.