Equilator

• Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      After the success of the Texas Grab'em hand recorder we present you another PokerStrategy tool: Equilator!
      The Equilator compares the equity of hands and handranges. Feel free to discuss this new tool!

Best regards,
      Puschkin81
  • 8 replies
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Pokerstove anyone?:D
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      While this may have advantages over pokerstove (and probably has massive disadvantages, like being slow, like grab'em), it doesn't seem like a great use of developer time. I don't think anybody at all is dying for features that pokerstove doesn't have in an equity calculator...
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by howard182
      While this may have advantages over pokerstove (and probably has massive disadvantages, like being slow, like grab'em), it doesn't seem like a great use of developer time. I don't think anybody at all is dying for features that pokerstove doesn't have in an equity calculator...
      sounds like you didnt try it, yet?!
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Correct. This is because I can think of nothing I want that pokerstove doesn't do and pokerstove works very well.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      So maybe you just try it before judging it as not better than...? ;)
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Well, my point was that it's not really relevant whether it's better or not because pokerstove is more than good enough. Now something like the new version of GLH would really help players because its core functionality is something that they don't have yet.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Thats true but there are 2 new fuctions which are really a great help. :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Chipp
      I can't post in the other thread, so I guess I'll share my thoughts here.

First, great tool, thanks for sharing it.

One change I'd like to see would be in how the derived hand ranges are presented in the output- it would be much more convenient to have the ranges displayed in the standard format eg. {77+, ATs+, AJo+} rather than, or in addition to, the grouped output that's shown currently.

Also perhaps you could add the frequency next to the range- {77+, ATs+, AJo+} (7.5%). This would be handy in/next to the main input rows as well.

Actually what I'd really like to see would be the actual number of combos in each range. eg. {77+, ATs+, AJo+} [100], or when vs. say, AK, {77+, ATs+, AJo+} [78]. Range vs. range gets messier, but it's less of a factor then, so w/e. This would be most useful postflop...would help save a lot of time on analysis, I think.

Oh, I noticed the text files for the hand rankings- I actually edited one of the entries to use one of my own rankings, but could this be made an option? So we can configure the sets of rankings (edit, add, remove, rename, etc.)?

Again, thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by c4t0r
      Great tool indeed! I spent like 2 entire days last week playing around with equilator, and it truly amazes me!

The frequency of given handranges is what i missed, too. I am wondering though if the developement of that tool is continued, or if the people that wrote it (/me bows thankfully to them) are working on different stuff now. If the guys are working on an update i think implementing the frequencies should not be too much work, however if not: Still a great tool, thank!