[NL2-NL10] nl2 fr. butchered hand, then tried salvaging with a bluff.

• Etherone
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

villain is 46/10 in 50hands so take that for whatever it's worth. he seems passive.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 4, K.
      MP2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.08.
      wanted to steal the blinds, and MP2 folds his limps fairly frequently. anywho i know this was stupid, it's just important to see the progression.

Flop: ($0.23) 7, 9, 3 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.16, MP2 calls $0.16.
      C-bet thinking this misses his range mostly. his check was extremely quick as well so sensed weakness.

Turn: ($0.55) 5 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.
      here i think i should have bet, not sure, but i got scared which is retarded considering what i did next.

River: ($0.55) 7 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.30, Hero raises to $2.14 i thought he bet here because i showed weakness on the turn and was trying to push me off with a little over half bet trying to make a bet but he was scared to bet too much. so i pushed.

considering his stats and everything up till now how often will he have bet small here for value, or hoping i push over the top of his bet?

any other criticism is appreciated and i realize how butchered this hand was, so i tried to salvage it did i make it worse?

haha small amount of tilt might have been a factor.
  • 2 replies
    • gummybeared
      do not like.

at the lowest levels, there is no need to raise these kind of hands, because all the good ones will be payed. if you raise, you should cbet this board, but when called there is no point in continuing.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I think the preflop raise is fine in position if villain is limp/folding a lot and is overall bad, your hand won't matter when he folds preflop and when he folds on the flop. If he's never folding postflop it becomes worse obviously.

Flop c-bet is fine since his range is half the deck, no point in betting the turn.

On the river when a bad, passive player donks small into you it's usually a hand that wants value, but since they don't understand proper bet sizing you shouldn't read too much into it until you've seen a showdown. The raise is just spew, by definition he's kind of a calling station. Don't 1-street bluff them. Just don't. (don't start pulling multistreet bluffs on them either just because i said that, you need to notice that he's calling flop / folding turn a lot or something similar giving you a better understanding of his play before you go there.)

Hope it helps.