Where are all the fish? ><>

• iamblueandurmine
      iamblueandurmine
      Bronze
      Recently i've noticed the same regulars on day and night on Partypoker mid stakes with the fish few and far between. These grinders never seem to sleep and they are multitabling 100 through 400 and the tables are full of them. I guess its the gladiator promotion and i find there is nothing worse than playing against the same players day in day out.

I started the gladiator promotion aiming for the 400 points in 25 days and got through the 5th day and couldnt stand to play against the same players over and over and over. Don't get me wrong, i do very well on Party and had some nice profit but i realised that a big part of the enjoyment and excitement i get from poker nowadays is from playing against a diverse range of players all the time, the good and bad, the aggressive and the tight. As a grinder the fun/excitement of playing can wear off quickly but i realised it disappears all together when looking at only 5-8 available tables on 200nl with 7-12 people on each waiting list and nobody joining any of the new tables i attempt to start.

I remember the days when 100/200NL was rammed full of ><>s, it seems the pond is drying up, but maybe more importantly Party is really suffering from the lack of volume and diversity that Stars and FT attract. Maybe im wrong and have a different perspective on poker than i did 1+ years ago but i just cant play on party any more with the lack of tables and the falsely advertised loyalty system already discussed by SonicXT in a previous thread.

Anyway i was wondering if anyone else had the same experience as me or even disagrees with me. I started my poker career on Party and i have them to thank for most of my profit to date but their key competences have worn thin with changing times and I've realised that sometimes sacrificing a little profit to continue to enjoy the grind on other sites is more important to keep your success and interest in poker alive, something i never thought i would say.
  • 14 replies
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      Yea, the pond is drying up fast. I play on NL10 and everyone is playing so tight. Seems like top pair is no longer a good hand, :p
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I started a topic about this.
      Don't know if I played you, it's possible. I'm Allahu_Akbar (or Nyuura earlier this month) and played about 75000 hands this month.

The tables have gone bad, yes.
      Even NL200 and NL400 regulars are flooding the NL100 tables now because the aforementioned had become too difficult in their opinion (according to the chat) and NL100 isn't really evolving the way it should either.

I remember a 8PTBB sustainable winrate at NL100SH too. Right now, I'm aiming for half of that winrate while being a way better player than back then. Basic abc poker doesn't cut it anymore.

However ... after this Gladiator promotion, half of German ps.de is going to take a break and take up their normal lives I think ... I hope. Not that I fear them, but as you said, they're boring.
      Always the same folks, always the same people who don't chat but just grind, or insult you if you say something about a hand after a hand. I still want poker to be fun, I like to have a small conversation while playing... that's unfortenately not possible with Germans or Russian grinder.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      *mod* mistake, plz delete
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Even FL $0.50/$1 and $1/$2 is packed full of reg grinders. Might because of the promotion, but I've seen this going on way before Gladiator showed up. Even lowstakes are getting too bogged with grinders. So I'm off to another platform until things change. So yeah, think I have similar experiences to yours there, just in the FL side of things.

I'd love to hear from a PP SnG player if things there have also gotten like this...
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ejeckt
      Even FL $0.50/$1 and $1/$2 is packed full of reg grinders. Might because of the promotion, but I've seen this going on way before Gladiator showed up. Even lowstakes are getting too bogged with grinders. So I'm off to another platform until things change. So yeah, think I have similar experiences to yours there, just in the FL side of things.

I'd love to hear from a PP SnG player if things there have also gotten like this...
      this november .50/1 is tighter than 1/2 as they both merrit the same party points so all the regs play at the lower level so they can multitable grind for the gladiator promo :\
    • DukeFreedom
      DukeFreedom
      Black
      Originally posted by Joshquan
      this november .50/1 is tighter than 1/2 as they both merrit the same party points so all the regs play at the lower level so they can multitable grind for the gladiator promo :\
      Has been going on for a while, but got even worse this month. It's humour though. Tougher play at a lower limit - what an invention.

I might check after this month again. I skipped grinding seriously this month, because $2/4 just got ridiculous in my eyes (and I'm getting terrible beats again which doesn't motivate either sadly).
    • eddiie
      eddiie
      Bronze
      btw when they will pay money from gladiator promo??
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by eddiie
      btw when they will pay money from gladiator promo??
      Was wondering the same thing...
    • ayesuck
      ayesuck
      Bronze
      i got mine today the 5k and 10 k freerolls are on 6th dec i think
    • eddiie
      eddiie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ayesuck
      i got mine today the 5k and 10 k freerolls are on 6th dec i think

me too
    • iamblueandurmine
      iamblueandurmine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      I started a topic about this.
      Don't know if I played you, it's possible. I'm Allahu_Akbar (or Nyuura earlier this month) and played about 75000 hands this month.

The tables have gone bad, yes.
      Even NL200 and NL400 regulars are flooding the NL100 tables now because the aforementioned had become too difficult in their opinion (according to the chat) and NL100 isn't really evolving the way it should either.

I remember a 8PTBB sustainable winrate at NL100SH too. Right now, I'm aiming for half of that winrate while being a way better player than back then. Basic abc poker doesn't cut it anymore.

However ... after this Gladiator promotion, half of German ps.de is going to take a break and take up their normal lives I think ... I hope. Not that I fear them, but as you said, they're boring.
      Always the same folks, always the same people who don't chat but just grind, or insult you if you say something about a hand after a hand. I still want poker to be fun, I like to have a small conversation while playing... that's unfortenately not possible with Germans or Russian grinder.
      Sorry for the late reply... absolutely Sonic i couldnt agree more with everything you said. I play as Duncs_gu1, i have played a against you a few times, i recognise both names from 100 SH, havent been playing much SH recently, mostly 200 FR.

I see they have changed there points system to suit NL grinders now but i just dread the idea of playing there right now, hopefully the festive season might change my mind!

Also how is it you have two names on PP Sonic?
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      As a Palladium VIP you can change your nickname every 30 days instead of every 180 days.

But the tables are even worse than in november.
      Literally all tables I played were filled with 17/14s to 23/19s and if there was a fish somewhere, it was gone after 15 minutes :(
    • DukeFreedom
      DukeFreedom
      Black
      The FL players moved to NL for the rakeback? :D
    • iamblueandurmine
      iamblueandurmine
      Bronze
      Your right December is even worse, i've only ventured twice onto Party, started to add myself to waiting lists after finding what looked like a decent game only to realise every other game was rammed full of regs, after 30 seconds i was logged off and back to FT, i think i might just withdraw all but the odd 100$ and invest it into moving up again on FT and stars. Sad to see but times have very much changed on PP