This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 400 BSS SH: AJs Nutflushdraw

• Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      CO is a very aggressive player. (Stack =100BB)

2/4 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](6 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:club: , A:club:
      [color:grey]2 folds[/color], CO calls $4.00, [color:red]Hero raises to $18.00[/color], [color:grey]2 folds[/color], CO calls $14.00.

Flop: ($42.00) 4:heart: , 8:club: , 3:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      CO checks, [color:red]Hero bets $30[/color], [color:red]CO raises to $72.00[/color], Hero calls $42.00.

Turn: ($186.00) J:heart: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]CO bets $100[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $360.40 (All-In)[/color], [color:grey]CO folds[/color].

Is this ok? Or too aggressive?

Final Pot: $646.40
  • 3 replies
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      o by the way what stakes do you play /where and what nickname you have if you don't mind !

ty
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      He would have reraised preflop with QQ KK AA. 2 pair on the flop is improbable.
      He could be holding a hand like 66-TT , or a pair of 8s , or a set which i think he would have played more strongly on flop. His weak raise is prolly a " i want you to fold cheaply raise" rather than building up the pot with his good hand. I think maybe even a reraise on flop with 2 overcards + nutflush draw would be a good play here , he can only call that with a set. By flat calling his raise you will usually not get your outs on the turn and have to fold to his bet. On the other hand now that you got it , you extracted extra 100$ from him. Not sure which line would be more profitable there. Turn push is good imo because now only a set beats you , and also if you flat call him and you dont get your outs on the river , it will be a tough call if he puts you all in. Pot will be 386$ and your stack will be 260.
      Against the very aggresive player that you describe i think either flop or turn push are both good.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Thanks undercover! :)

@ vladnz: I play at NL50/100/200/400 depending on my bankroll and my mood. My PartyPoker screenname is Puschkin207.
      Have fun watching me ;)

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81