[NL2-NL10] Tt @ Nl10

• Renmerb
      Did I play this ok. I gave the villain a real tight range.
      Flop looked reasonable for my tens, bet out to get villain to fold his hands like AK. His raise of just over min really made me suspicious, so I was then putting him on a pair >TT or good flush draw. Was leaning towards flush draw, thinking that he would have bet more to protect an overpair.
      Called because it was quite cheap, and just to see his action on the turn.
      K :club: is a bad card for me, completes the flush and an overcard to my T, so he is now ahead if he was playing AK.
      To me his lazy half pot bet just looked like he wanted called. I have a :club: in my hand, but felt that I may already be drawing dead, and I was unlikely to get a showdown without facing an other bet. So I fold.

I think I played it ok, but I was real unsure while playing the hand. His flop raise did have me thinking I might of been ahead there. Did I miss an opportunity to take it down, maybe I should have bet a little more like $1.4 and folded to any raise?

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:club: , T:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.55) 6:club: , 2:diamond: , 8:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.00, MP2 raises to $1.77, Hero calls $0.77.

Turn: ($4.09) K:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2.04, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6.13
  • 3 replies
    • gummybeared
      it is played fine. villain with 11/9 stats beting and 3beting the flop shows strength imo.
    • SheepMoose
      Just call flop, try to get your hand to showdown vs. this tight player.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Originally posted by SheepMoose
      Just call flop, try to get your hand to showdown vs. this tight player.
      This. Raising the flop for information isn't really useful, if he has AK-high he will shut down on the turn unless he has 2 overs+flushdraw in which case a "bad" fold on your part on the turn isn't all that big a deal since he has a lot of equity even with his worse hands.

As played i think villains opening with a minraise and than min3betting the flop is more a sign of QQ+ than a flushdraw. Even if he has a flushdraw you're flipping with it and you're close to dead against QQ+. I'd just dump it to the flop 3bet, sometimes you get a good price but it's just not worth pursuing, it will only commit you little by little again a range that crushes you.

Hope it helps.