If you only played AA, KK, and QQ

• brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      What would happen if you only played QQ+ and no other hands? Anyone really good with math/excel skills that could run a simulation to figure it out? I think I have a pretty good idea of the calculations needed to figure out would be, and the factors to consider.
      These are the things I considered:
      - Odds of being dealt QQ+ (1:73.666)
      - Number of players at the table
      - Number of Blinds you'd have to pay to be dealt QQ+
      - Chances that you are not called after betting (from a scale of 1-100)
      - Equity against 1 to 4 opponents
      - EV from winning against players with a random # value of stack
      - Then randomizing the number of times you would have 1-4 opponents, and then the chance that you are not called.

Am I missing anything?
      How many BB would you expect to make per hand played?
  • 7 replies
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      a) you would become very readable and get no action when you do get a hand.
      b) you would be come bored shitless, only playing 1/73 hands. Fuck that for a joke.
      c) no possible way you would make money unless your opponents all decide to play when you have a hand, in which case variance would kick in nicely.
      d) why would you want a strategy that plays less hands than SSS + the added benifit of losing money?
      e) any result someone gives you depends on so many variables that it essentially is a guess.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      go to pokertableratings, look up any player, and look at the graphs in the analysis tab.

if you're just playing QQ+ then you should be on the extreme left of the looseness chart.

Most players who play like this, according to the chart are pretty much break even.
    • pokermyth
      pokermyth
      Bronze
      i For one would go broke very fast my KK got beat by 23 of suit, (i whent allin preflop) next hand get AA same guy calls my allin with J6 off suit i had no change of winning. They say these hands over time will pay you, i tell you sombody is winning double his allotment since i lose most of the time with them.
    • ImAnAcehole9
      ImAnAcehole9
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pokermyth
      i For one would go broke very fast my KK got beat by 23 of suit, (i whent allin preflop) next hand get AA same guy calls my allin with J6 off suit i had no change of winning. They say these hands over time will pay you, i tell you sombody is winning double his allotment since i lose most of the time with them.
      Hahahha......cue the music "theme to shaft"

What's that shortcut you just clicked
      That's a site filled with donks you bloody dick! CAKE!
      Ya damn right!

What site has a man that would risk his stack with K 7 off? CAKE!
      Can you eat it? NO

Why won't people fold or just drop out, When there's a dangerous board and overcards all about? They're on CAKE!
      Right On!

They say this site is a bad motherSHUT YOUR MOUTH!
      I'm talkin' 'bout CAKE.
      NOW WE CAN EAT IT! Nooooooo

Playing against K 7 off is complicated man, Just call big raises all the way too the river if you wanna win on CAKE!
      CAKE POKER!
      Ya damn right!
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ImAnAcehole9
      Originally posted by pokermyth
      Hahahha......cue the music "theme to shaft"

What's that shortcut you just clicked
      That's a site filled with donks you bloody dick! CAKE!
      Ya damn right!

What site has a man that would risk his stack with K 7 off? CAKE!
      Can you eat it? NO

Why won't people fold or just drop out, When there's a dangerous board and overcards all about? They're on CAKE!
      Right On!

They say this site is a bad motherSHUT YOUR MOUTH!
      I'm talkin' 'bout CAKE.
      NOW WE CAN EAT IT! Nooooooo

Playing against K 7 off is complicated man, Just call big raises all the way too the river if you wanna win on CAKE!
      CAKE POKER!
      Ya damn right!
      LOL, love it!
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      look up OTL_OTL on ptr... he's pretty close to what you're looking for :D
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I took this from HEM:

I got dealt QQ+ 4561 times over 338923 hands. So, considering that every hand I played was in a full short handed table AND disconsidering things such as table image and metagame. That is, if we take the statistics in a vacuum:

Over 338923 hands I'd have played 56487 orbits. Since I pay 1.5bb per orbit, I'd have paid: 84730bb.

My winrate with QQ+ is 597bb/100. So, over 4561 hands, that's 27462bb.

As you can see, even under ideal conditions, it's hugely -EV.
      If you also take into consideration that players will adjust to your strategy, it's impossible to win =)