$4.65
      SB:
      $17.91
      BB:
      $25.00
      UTG1:
      $20.56

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, T.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.85) 9, A, A (2 players)
      MP1 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.85) 3 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.85) 4 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $3.00, Hero calls $2.90.

Final Pot: $9.75.

- - -

Pre-Flop

I sort of limped in and didn't raise $1.25 like I probably should have. After all I was pocket T's post flop on the button with 1 limper ahead of me. I felt it was an unnecessary risk. Once he called me I figured he had an ace or dual face cards.

Post-Flop

Now I had a gut feeling that he was attempting to steal the pot with his $1 raise. It didn't seem like a bet big enough to convince me had an Ace, and it wasn't small enough to convince me he was attempting to trap me by saying he had a weak pair. With their being two aces on the board I concluded that chances are he didn't have an ace.

Turn

He checked, which only further made me believe that he really didn't have an ace. Maybe he had a Face card with a 9. And my call scared him into thinking I had an ace. However since I was still playing with T's I was scared of something bad hitting the river. I probably should have shoved here though, and forced him to fold.

River

I just didn't think he had an ace, or a flush now that there was a flush draw on the board. With two low cards on the board, I figured my pocket T's should hold up. He shoved me all-in so I took a risk and called it. I was fairly convinced I was going to win.

Other notes...

I was new to the table so I didn't know his playing style. I feel that this hand was a very bad play(s) on my part. I'd really like an outside opinion. It's been bothering me all day.
  • 3 replies
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      Ah I just realized I posted this in FL and not NL. Could an admin please move this thread haha sorry guys.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      When the over card is paired on the board, I usually treat my hand as a made hand since it's less likely that villain is also holding an A. With QQ or KK I'd probably also call flop, but with TT I think I'd rather shove directly on the flop because I wouldn't want to see any face card on the Turn, nor a :heart: .

Also, raising to 5 bb pre-flop will be more +EV for you, there is no need to be scared when you are holding a hand from the SHC, they are all very strong.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Abhorrence,

welcome to the SSS forum. Nice to see new faces over here. :)

Originally posted by dandycal
      When the over card is paired on the board, I usually treat my hand as a made hand since it's less likely that villain is also holding an A. With QQ or KK I'd probably also call flop, but with TT I think I'd rather shove directly on the flop because I wouldn't want to see any face card on the Turn, nor a :heart: .

Also, raising to 5 bb pre-flop will be more +EV for you, there is no need to be scared when you are holding a hand from the SHC, they are all very strong.
      ...this. Nice evaluation, dandycal.

Well, summary, raise 5BB preflop and shove flop.

Regards,
      burek2000