Really simple software should work, but doesn't.

• TovarishStulov
      TovarishStulov
      Bronze
      I'm not quite sure how such a simple project could be this screwed up, but Poker Elephant is one of the most poorly coded programs I've ever used.

1. Its incredably slow on start up and tends to hang when switching between open windows.

2. It loses databases. I don't know how disabled you have to be to write code this way, but every few weeks Elephant forgets every hand it ever recorded and prompts me to create a new database.

This time I'm not going to bother - a software this crappy is probably doing damage elsewhere on my computer, so like a cheap drunk, Poker Elephant is cut off.
  • 5 replies
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      You do realise it's a beta don't you? Granted the development has had a rocky road, but still it's better than a lot of betas i've used before.

If you want a finished product, for now you'll have to use HEM or PT3.
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TovarishStulov
      I'm not quite sure how such a simple project could be this screwed up, but Poker Elephant is one of the most poorly coded programs I've ever used.

1. Its incredably slow on start up and tends to hang when switching between open windows.

2. It loses databases. I don't know how disabled you have to be to write code this way, but every few weeks Elephant forgets every hand it ever recorded and prompts me to create a new database.

This time I'm not going to bother - a software this crappy is probably doing damage elsewhere on my computer, so like a cheap drunk, Poker Elephant is cut off.
      LOL simple? Do you even know how to program?
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Instead of whining for the free software just post bugs so that the developers team can handle them.

And yes, it's a beta so it's for testing purposes.

And coding database analyzing software is far from easy.

I don't get your complaints... You should be grateful for the free HUD program not whine how crappy it is.

You can also always try FPDB, you know?
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mishkagg
      Instead of whining for the free software just post bugs so that the developers team can handle them.

And yes, it's a beta so it's for testing purposes.

And coding database analyzing software is far from easy.

I don't get your complaints... You should be grateful for the free HUD program not whine how crappy it is.

You can also always try FPDB, you know?
      +1
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Old Thread is old.