Stacks:
      UTG hasanas ($4.68)
      UTG+1 ActionMan007 ($5.07)
      CO neothy ($2.06)
      BTN baxter mc ($5.09)
      SB Hero ($3.75)
      BB onkeljenz ($2.02)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 6 players) Hero is SB J:spade: J:diamond:
      hasanas raises to $0.10, 2 folds, baxter mc calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, onkeljenz raises to $0.80, hasanas folds, baxter mc calls $0.70, Hero goes all-in $3.75, onkeljenz calls $1.22, baxter mc folds

Flop: K:spade: 3:heart: 8:diamond: ($6.67, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: K:diamond: ($6.67, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 2:heart: ($6.67, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $6.67

I think I should've either just flat the 3bet or fold here since I'm likely behind. How do you make spoilers btw?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's a rather ugly spot considering the action and the stack sizes.

Unless onkeljenz is a tight straightforward player (unlikely for a guy with 40bb who's probably just splashing around) shoving is okay for 40bb effective against him.

baxter mc barely ever has anything premium after calling twice, probably at best something like AQ/88-TT that is just stubborn but it will rarely be profitable for you to see a flop against that range, as you'll either be outdrawn or they'll miss/get scared (AQ not flopping anything and 88-TT seeing a bunch of overcards on the flop), so being all-in preflop for 75bb effective against him isn't horrible either.

If we call we'll be committed against onkeljenz on any flop anyway and we have relative position on baxter mc, but the latter looks so loose that seeing him calling onkeljenz's inevitable shove on the flop won't tell us much about his hand, it will only put us to an even trickier decision where we might end up folding the best hand (flop is K83r, check shove call fold, onkeljenz shows AQ baxter shows 99).

Overall i still prefer shoving preflop unless onkeljenz has proven to be tight enough for us to expect QQ+ when he mincold4bets. What are you doing with only 75bb by the way ? :p

Hope it helps.
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Lol I forgot reload after trying to bluff BaxterMC who limped QQ and underplayed a set. Yeah, BaxterMC was pretty loose passive, onkeljenz was actually fairly passive and had a low PFR value. He showed KK.

Thanks for the advice.