UTG ActionMan007 ($5)
      UTG+1 Bad Beat Theory ($5.20)
      CO baxter mc ($4.56)
      BTN Hero ($4.55)
      SB onkeljenz ($2.46)
      BB hasanas ($3.50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 6 players) Hero is BTN Q:diamond: K:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, hasanas calls $0.10

Flop: 7:spade: 3:heart: 2:heart: ($0.32, 2 players)
      hasanas bets $0.23, Hero folds

Final Pot: $0.55

hasanas wins $0.53 (net +$0.15)

Hero lost $0.15

Donk bets on the flop really confuse me. When people do that, I usually call/raise if I have something and fold when I don't. What to do?
  • 3 replies
    • Mstlc
      Just keep an eye on him... if he keeps donk betting in other hands to just start raising him. I wouldn't do it on these kind of flops but on dry rainbow flops (like K 7 2 for example) you should just raise/fold in case you missed and he just keeps donk betting into you...

Alternatively... if he's unable to let go of anything, you just go nuts camping and stack him off when you hit :)
    • veriz

If he keeps doing such moves then just raise otherwise if you aren't really sure about the opponent then just fold, much easier and you can avoid mistakes.

Best regards
    • MaestroOfZerg

Touchy subject. Depends a lot on the player, i usually just let it go the first time if i have nothing when villain seems tight/straightforward before i start getting suspicious and playing back looser and looser, but i raise anything remotely playable right off the bat if he seems at all aggressive.

With KQo we have two overs and it's hard for him to have anything huge on that board unless it's exactly a set, so all three options are fine in position. You might win the hand and even if you don't, you'll get valuable information since you'll be playing a lot of pots against him. I think i would float this one, it's cheaper than raising and knowing whether he'll continue to fire on the turn will prove useful. If he doesn't i'm betting myself to try and take it down obviously.

Hope it helps.