Stack
      UTG2:
      $3,97
      MP2:
      $9,56
      Hero:
      $4,70

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , K:club:
      UTG2 raises to $0,06, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,06, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,24, 3 folds, UTG2 calls $0,18, MP2 calls $0,18.

Flop: ($0,75) 8:club: , 8:diamond: , Q:spade: (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0,54, UTG2 folds, MP2 calls $0,54.

Turn: ($1,83) 6:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1,83) 5:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,76, Hero calls $0,76.

Final Pot: $3,35

This guy was playing almost every hand and bluffing every time he could. Should I call on the river?
  • 3 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Should you call on the river???

The real question is... should I ever not go broke with my overpair on NL2?

Seriously: 3bet, bet, bet, broke. Don't start checking and making fancy plays. The guy is a complete retards, he's never ever getting away from a Queen here. So bet flop, bet turn, shove river for max value. If he happens to have A8 or some other crappy 8x hand, too bad. But the majority of the time you're missing a shitload of value from Qx here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: Raising bigger, ~$0.30 because of the one limper.
      Flop: Standard.
      Turn: I am betting here again for value.
      River: Definitely Calling and with your reads it's a sure Call. I might even consider raising with good reads.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

What the previous posters said. I won't quote Mstlc because he's a little offensive as usual, but he's right. Against insane, erratic players that are very loose, the times you valuestack them because they make a 2nd best hand will usually trump the times you get them to bluff at you for just one street, checking back that turn is a huge leak. If you want to do it do it with something like 77 and call a river bet if you think he bets enough air, but with KK you need to aim bigger.

Hope it helps.