Q about micro stakes and SSS

• Nazzor
      Nazzor
      Bronze
      Hi all... :)

Well I've tried every type of poker there is (just to find the one that suits me) and that has resulted in me having about 9$ bankroll :)

But I've now atleast made a choice, and that would definatly be SSS..

Now question is with this bankroll I can only play lowest possible stake - 0.01/0.02$, but the real problem is - at the site I'm playing minimum BuyIn is locked at 50BB for this stake.. So no 20xBB..

Should I follow strategy, but playing with 1$ at a table instead of 0.4$... Sounds scary...

Hope someone can help me,
      Thanks!
  • 7 replies
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      I assume this means you're playing at stars. SSS isn't very good with 50bb. 9BI is very poor BRM. Do they still have the FPP SNG or $.10 SNG? You may need to build a bigger bankroll first.
    • Nazzor
      Nazzor
      Bronze
      I think I've seen 0.10$ SnGs... I'll check tomorrow, as now I'm going to bed, just to wrap up this post. So your recommendation would be to start playing 0.10$ SnGs? How easy to win are they?

Thanks Jonny!
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Just deposit $20 on PS and then play SSS on NL5 with 29BI
    • Nazzor
      Nazzor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      Just deposit $20 on PS and then play SSS on NL5 with 29BI
      Now where is the fun in that :f_p: ?

Nah, seriously, I'm not playing poker (at least for now) for living, I'm playing just for fun, and as already having 9.08$ (Hey it went 8c up from last time lol :s_cool: ) I don't see need to deposit just yet..

Am just wondering if I should switch to SnG....
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Fair enough. Although it would allow you to play the varriant you want to =)

Umm well S&Gs are ok for now if your wanting to build up the BR abit, but i wouldnt stick with them because the varriance is brutal...really brutal, unless you like the thought of wanting to rip your eyes balls out then i'd recomend to not play S&Gs as your main game...As i said there ok for awhile just to build some BR.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nazzor
      I think I've seen 0.10$ SnGs... I'll check tomorrow, as now I'm going to bed, just to wrap up this post. So your recommendation would be to start playing 0.10$ SnGs? How easy to win are they?

Thanks Jonny!
      I was able to make a little profit playing freerolls, FPP tourneys, and $.10 SNGs at stars a few years ago. I don't like the blind structure at Stars though they jump to quickly. I found usually there's a bunch of players all-in on hand #1 so by the second hand you're almost in the money. As PocketAcesJohn said variance can be a bitch especially at these microstakes where people are willing to shove with any two.

I think if you schedule your play around some good freerolls and try to win some $$$ there and also play using your FPPs then play the $.10 SNGs you can build enough to get up to NL10 SSS.

Good luck

PS-try to find freerolls that have cash prizes and not just tournement tickets. Also region specific freerolls are smaller and sometimes easier to cash in.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      the 0.10 360 man SnGs are super super soft.

I managed to final table like 10% of the time, and cash almost 30% of them. Which IMO is pretty great.