LaG Style of SSS?

• 5 replies
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      if they do, send them to my tables!!!

Oh, but they can't, because I play at 50bb min tables. I play there so that I can avoid SSS players that don't limp, don't coldcall, and don't splash around with speculative holdings.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JaneBibu
      Do they ever call instead of reraise?
      Do they limp?
      Is that really more profitable on nl50 and nl100?
      1. only if they are trapping with AA or KK and they know villain will c-bet flop

2. yes - again with reads on players behind them.

3. maybe not nl50, but on higher limits it can be. With a shortstack, a spot is either profitable to play or it isnt. The TAG style SSS taught here captures most of those profitable spots - a LAG SSS will try and find EVERY profitable spot. Loosening up a bit in marginal spots also distorts your stats, meaning other players may put you on a wider handrange than you are actually playing.
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      Do they ever call instead of reraise?
      Do they limp?
      Is that really more profitable on nl50 and nl100?
      i play lag style sss.
      i call in some situations, like in the sb ill pay 1/2 a blind to see the flop with a small pp or suited connector, with a couple of limpers in the pot.
      ill sometimes call in late position if ive stolen the blind last hand but only against tight passive blinds(
      that have a high fold to cbet and a low 3bet%) that im confident i can outplay post flop in position.
      ill also limp AA or KK from any position occassionally, to polarise my ranges. never limp AA or KK with more than 1 villan in the pot though.
      limping is generally not profitable directly but you will get called more often with your good hands if you do.
    • JaneBibu
      JaneBibu
      Bronze
      Ishindar, I Sent you a friend request on PS.com hope you will accept it :)
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      Ishindar, I Sent you a friend request on PS.com hope you will accept it :)
      accepted :)