This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NoLimit 50 Shorthanded: K K

• Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hero (100BB)
      CO (100BB)

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:diamond: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $2.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $2.00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) T:club: , 5:club: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, CO raises to $10.00, Hero calls $6.50.

Turn: ($24.75) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($24.75) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero???

Whats the right play here? Check/call? Bet/fold?

Any other recommendations?
  • 2 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      I would play check/call i think , there are not many worse hands that would call you. He might have raised you with a T and slowplayed the turn with his trips , a low-medium pocket , a flush draw , a bluff , a set. So i would check and hope for a bluff witha busted draw or bet with a lower pocket than yours.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Had a pretty much exact same situation yesterday i went for the bet fold/blocking bet he came over the top i folded he showed A10 to beat my AA.

I think at low limits where people on the whole aren't going to bluff raise a blocking bet, it would probably be cheaper to find out where you are with the blocking bet and you still get value from hands like pocketpairs that have you on a busted flush draw or something.

I don't think a made hand you beat would bet on that river, would a lower pocket pair really bet for value i think they would be happy just to check it down. Of course you miss value from people bluffing busted flush draws.

Plus on the site i was playing on yesterday these players just love to mash the bet pot button on bluffs and value bets so i wouldnt want to be calling a pot sized bet to find out.

I guess it would depend on reads if the player is passive or aggressive, is he capable of bluff raising or bluffing busted draws.