[NL2-NL10] NoLimit 50 Shorthanded: K K

• Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hero (100BB)
      CO (100BB)

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:diamond: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $2.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $2.00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) T:club: , 5:club: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, CO raises to $10.00, Hero calls $6.50.

Turn: ($24.75) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($24.75) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero???

Whats the right play here? Check/call? Bet/fold?

Any other recommendations?
  • 2 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      I would play check/call i think , there are not many worse hands that would call you. He might have raised you with a T and slowplayed the turn with his trips , a low-medium pocket , a flush draw , a bluff , a set. So i would check and hope for a bluff witha busted draw or bet with a lower pocket than yours.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Had a pretty much exact same situation yesterday i went for the bet fold/blocking bet he came over the top i folded he showed A10 to beat my AA.

I think at low limits where people on the whole aren't going to bluff raise a blocking bet, it would probably be cheaper to find out where you are with the blocking bet and you still get value from hands like pocketpairs that have you on a busted flush draw or something.

I don't think a made hand you beat would bet on that river, would a lower pocket pair really bet for value i think they would be happy just to check it down. Of course you miss value from people bluffing busted flush draws.

Plus on the site i was playing on yesterday these players just love to mash the bet pot button on bluffs and value bets so i wouldnt want to be calling a pot sized bet to find out.

I guess it would depend on reads if the player is passive or aggressive, is he capable of bluff raising or bluffing busted draws.