Stack
      BB:
      $0.64
      UTG2:
      $11.10
      Hero:
      $10.07

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3:spade: , 3:club: . UTG2 posts a blind of $0.15.
      2 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.20, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.64 (All-In), UTG2 calls $0.44, Hero folds.

UTG2 has a big enough stack for implied odds, but he slowed down, he is no more preflop agresor after he calls. Should I call there or not? Probably I should because he is loose. Then what should I do if he would be unknown?
  • 3 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      UTG2 is playing 55/9... aka the range of hands he's raises with pre-flop is really really tight.

If you put this 9% in Equilator his range will be something like: 77+, A9s+, KQs, AJo+, KQo add to that the fact that he's terrible + you've got position + you're getting 24:1 implied odds to set mine with the dead money in the pot. All these factors combined lead to a pretty easy call, hope you hit a set and he can't get away from his top pair / overpair (99% sure he can't).

Even against an unknown or a TAG (or anyone in general really) this is a call. You need 20:1 (call20) to call for set value, actually 15:1 will do considering you're in position.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Yep, you can likely Call there, you are getting perfect odds.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      UTG2 is playing 55/9... aka the range of hands he's raises with pre-flop is really really tight.

If you put this 9% in Equilator his range will be something like: 77+, A9s+, KQs, AJo+, KQo add to that the fact that he's terrible + you've got position + you're getting 24:1 implied odds to set mine with the dead money in the pot. All these factors combined lead to a pretty easy call, hope you hit a set and he can't get away from his top pair / overpair (99% sure he can't).

Even against an unknown or a TAG (or anyone in general really) this is a call. You need 20:1 (call20) to call for set value, actually 15:1 will do considering you're in position.
      This.