[NL2-NL10] NL50: big draw

• klonoa
      klonoa
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)  
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $106.93
      CO:
      $93.01
      BU:
      $47.75
      Hero:
      $59.64

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: , T:diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.50, BU calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.00) A:diamond: , K:diamond: , T:heart: (4 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BB folds, CO raises to $5.00, BU folds, Hero raises to $15.00, CO calls $10.00.

Turn: ($32.00) 9:spade: (1 players)
      Hero ??

what turn line should i take?
  • 4 replies
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Continuing to semi-bluff (which would mean going all in here) is unlikely to be profitable after your opponent called a reraise on the flop, check/call the turn, check/raise the river if you hit (assuming your opponent doesn't check behind on the turn) seems best to me. Your flop action left you in a murky area where you may or may not be committed, either calling the raising or shoving are better options.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Raising AI on he flop makes the hand more easy to play and is probably OK.

I think that I'd check the turn and see what villain does (play with the odds).

Stack-sizes make this interesting (and difficult). If you lead the turn for 1/2 pot and were raised AI then you fold. Bet 3/4 pot and you can call an AI. (I think, mental arithmetic bad).
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      I would just call his flopraise and check/call the turn.

After your flopplay I would check and call depending on the odds you get.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Tough spot.

I guess what sort of hand is capable of calling a 3-bet here considering he open limped? I have no idea any sort of made hand he would have (i.e. 2 pairs/sets/straights) as i would have open raised pre and probably just put it all in on the flop (or hes trying to lower his variance by seeing the turn probably not though). So i guess its possible he's drawing as well.

Or is he a calling station that calls a 3bet here with A-Rag? I guess if he is calling station/passive type the check call is better on the turn as you are not going to make the guy fold and may also get a free card.

But if you do bet out here its pretty important to size your bet accordingly so that if he does come over the top you can call with the correct odds.

So i think just calling his raise on the flop is better as the pot is still small and it would make the turn easier to play.

I dont think just shoving the flop is optimal as it would be a pretty huge overshove that people probably interpret as a draw and if you get called you will be a dog, although does make it a alot easier and your equity is okish against all hands.