[NL2-NL10] NL50: set faces ugly turn

• klonoa
      klonoa
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $50
      CO:
      $36.61

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4:club: , 4:diamond:
      Hero raises to $2.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $2.00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) 8:diamond: , 4:heart: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, CO calls $3.50.

Turn: ($11.75) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero ??

Should hero bet/fold or check/call ?
  • 9 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      You have to bet because you don't want to give a free-card.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      I would check/call here. If he called you with a flush or open-ended straight draw you are behind. No worse hand would call your bet. If he bets you can call almost every reasonable bet because you have 10 outs for your Fullhouse.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      No worse hand would call your bet.

9-x, A :diamond: -x, K :diamond: -x, 10-x, Q :diamond: -J , JJ ???
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nunki
      No worse hand would call your bet.

9-x, A :diamond: -x, K :diamond: -x, 10-x, Q :diamond: -J , JJ ???
      9x, A :diamond: x and K :diamond: x would not call the on the flop (except from AT or KT). Also QJ and JJ wouldnt call the flop. JJ would raise you here. The only hands which call you here are maybe two pair or A :diamond: T, K :diamond: T. But the risk of getting raised on the turn is too high. What do you do against a raise? fold? You probably fold the best hand. Call? You probably are behind and dont get the odds for a call. That's why I like check/call here. You get value from worse hands and lose the minimum against better hands.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      If he bets you can call almost every reasonable bet because you have 10 outs for your Fullhouse.

What do you do against a raise? fold? You probably fold the best hand. Call? You probably are behind and dont get the odds for a call.

I'm a little confused here.

My main point is that villain could be floating with a wide-range here (besides an alternative tighter range) which will include many lone diamonds. He doesn't necessarily have a flush/str8 on the turn but a lot of hands could be drawing live there.

6-7, 10-8 or 8-7 are further possibilities. Any 6 for an OESD.

IMO, protection>pot control .
    • klonoa
      klonoa
      Bronze
      if u bet and got raised big, then its a tough fold
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      If he bets you can call almost every reasonable bet because you have 10 outs for your Fullhouse.

What do you do against a raise? fold? You probably fold the best hand. Call? You probably are behind and dont get the odds for a call.

If you check and he bets you can call for your FH outs because both of you have enough left (implied odds). But if you bet and he raises you, you dont get the odds to call for a FH and have to fold.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Puschkin81

If you check and he bets you can call for your FH outs because both of you have enough left (implied odds). But if you bet and he raises you, you dont get the odds to call for a FH and have to fold.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
      Thanks Pushkin I've got it now.

Checking the turn even makes sense to me now.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Great! :D

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81