Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $33,83
      Hero:
      $19,27

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, SB calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,25) K:heart: , 9:club: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $3,75, Hero calls $3,75.

Turn: ($9,75) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $6,50, Hero raises to $14,52 (All-In), SB calls $8,02.

River: ($38,79) 2:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $38,79

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, queens (Qs Qd)
      SB shows a straight, king high (Js Th)

SB wins with a straight, king high (Js Th)
      How you would play this hand? I raised him because he showed weakness by betting way smaller(around 2/3 not 3/2) also the board was drawy so i pushed because i was putting him on KQ maybe 99....but more than that he made a bad pre flop call out of position!
  • 4 replies
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      sucks but am never folding set there... he got really lucky with this flop and there is no way you can run away from this hand.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Rebuy! Plz don't play hands with 80bb... top off before every hand.

I'm not a fan of calling on this flop. There's so many bad cards that could come off on the turn it's not even funny. It's tempting to just call here cause he's overbetting but I would really prefer raising here because he's bad and he might have a king (KJ, KT, K9, maybe K8) which he can't get away from any more unless another heart hits the turn and he completly shuts down... plenty of value to be gotten from a raise on the flop.

As played now your hand goes completely face up on the turn... call flop, raise turn is such a set line.

The fact that he flops a straight here is just a cooler. There's no way you're ever getting away here. And of course he made a bad pre-flop call... he plays 56/16, he's bad, it's what he does, making bad plays.
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      Thanks for reply Mstlc! Real good explenation and about that 56/16 he was very loose so he could call with anything and yes i wouldn't get away from it anyhow but maybe I could have played it more aggressive!
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      Rebuy! Plz don't play hands with 80bb... top off before every hand.

I'm not a fan of calling on this flop. There's so many bad cards that could come off on the turn it's not even funny. It's tempting to just call here cause he's overbetting but I would really prefer raising here because he's bad and he might have a king (KJ, KT, K9, maybe K8) which he can't get away from any more unless another heart hits the turn and he completly shuts down... plenty of value to be gotten from a raise on the flop.

As played now your hand goes completely face up on the turn... call flop, raise turn is such a set line.

The fact that he flops a straight here is just a cooler. There's no way you're ever getting away here. And of course he made a bad pre-flop call... he plays 56/16, he's bad, it's what he does, making bad plays.
      this.