Hey!

• aeliusch
      aeliusch
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

My name is Elius. I'm playing online on PokerStars (unfortunately).
      I believe i am a decent poker player but i am very frustrated with the infinite quantity of BS i get on that site. Perhaps i will tell the story in a different thread if there is one.
      Hopefully i will find useful information here at PokerStrategy and improve my game.
      See you at the tables. (nickname aeliusch).

Good luck to all!
  • 5 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Welcome to PokerStrategy Elius, good to see you.

Take your time to browse the website, we have so much strategy material, videos, free live coaching etc available to members.
      You will move up to Bronze status as soon as you start playing on your new tracked poker account (just 1x PokerStrategy point required) and this will open up a lot more material for you.

Wishing you every success and enjoyment with your poker.

Best regards,

Bart
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aeliusch
      I'm playing online on PokerStars (unfortunately).
      I believe i am a decent poker player but i am very frustrated with the infinite quantity of BS i get on that site.
      Can you expand on this?
    • aeliusch
      aeliusch
      Bronze
      Best 2 examples that i can think of right now:

#1 4.4 USD MTT ... I play for 5 hours the best poker i believe i am capable of. 40 players left from a field of about 2000. I had about 40k chips which puts me around 20th place. BB is 1000. UTG1 raise to 2500, MID1 call, I go all in with KK from CO. UTG1 folds, MID1 goes all in with 5 8 suited. He gets runner runner and hits the flush on the river. In my book, NOBODY risks everything on 5 8 (suited or not) after 5 hours of play and so close to the final table. He had about 2 blinds less than me and i was out the next hand. This is what i call BS

#2 3.3+R 50k guaranteed MTT .. After almost 8 hours we are down to the final 32 players, I am about 25th. AK suited in mid position, no callers no raisers, ipush all in about 20 blinds and the BB calls all in (he had 2-3 blinds more than me) with KJ off suited. he hits the J on the turn or the river, doesn't really matter and knocks me out. Although i might understand a call with KJ from one of the chipleaders, that guy had no reason to go all in with KJ off suit, especially after 8 hours of play. the 100 usd i got for 32nd finish was no consolation prize at all.

The above stories left a mark on me because of the extended hours of play and the fact that i was so close to the final table. However, i have hundreds of stories like this when people decide to play crap against me for no reason and win. Please note that i am not talking about bad beats like kings crack aces and other decent hands. I do hope i am not ridiculous.

Anyway, hopefully i will improve my game with the help of Poker Strategy. We shall see.
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      To be honest i don't think, that on other site you will not get bad beats. These tournaments (4.4$ and 3.3$) are for beginners and if players get deep, that doesn't mean they aren't horrible.
    • aeliusch
      aeliusch
      Bronze
      First, let me to thank Poker Strategy for the start-up capital.

The first tournament i played:

Congratulations aeliusch,

Out of 30 players in Tournament 6999781 ($1 NL Hold'em - 30 Players), you came in 2nd and have won $7.20.

(Lost with AK vs 10 10 all in preflop, opponent had 2 x my stack).

I consider this to be a good start.

Second, hello harleytopper. I ride a Yamaha R6 2005. Good to see a fellow biker here (hopefully i did not misread your nickname).

To answer your post, I am expecting to get bad beats on any site and in any live poker room, no matter the limits played. My problem is not with bad beats but with players who play tight and play 5% of their hands but suddenly decide 5 8 is good all in preflop against me just before the final table. Maybe i'm paranoic ...