$26.64
      MP3:
      $14.31
      CO:
      $3.82
      BU:
      $8.50

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      MP3 raises to $0.35, CO folds, BU calls $0.35, Hero raises to $1.30, 2 folds, BU calls $0.95.

Flop: ($3.05) A, A, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.99, BU calls $0.99.

Turn: ($5.03) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, BU raises to $6.00, Hero raises to $9.89, BU calls $0.21.

River: ($21.13) T (0 players)
      BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $20.92.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(K K).
      BU shows three of a kind, aces(A 7).

BU wins with three of a kind, aces(A 7).
  • 4 replies
    • kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze
      wow...I hardly fold with KK but with a flop like that I think a check would've been wise unless of course based on prev observation BU calls with anything...

If my opponent was playing tight and reraises like that on the turn I'd think twice about betting again to save chips...I'd put the guy on a boat or a flush...

I lost once against a set of 4s with my KK :(
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Given his play on the turn, I believe he either was slowplaying the trip aces and didn't like the turn card so he shoved or he hit a flush, both of which beat us here. I'd fold on the turn definitely. There is very little possibility that anyone would reraise with a 2 or 5 or QQ so there is really nothing we can beat.

I would probably cbet the flop in case he has any other pocket pair and then just c/f the turn. Betting the turn just doesn't make sense here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since you bet pot and he called your bet I think turn should be c/f
      Flush draw got there, he is not folding ace and I doubt he has any other hands in his range
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Preflop: I don't like the squeeze size.Considering that you will be OOP the rest
      of the hand imho 3bet should be at least 1.5 (3.5x0.35+0.35) or even more.
      Flop:I like bet on flop because of only one reason,board texture allows flush draw and if opponents range is semi loose you should bet.Other reason for betting is sometimes value from hands likeQQ,JJ with :club: .But I think that bet size you offering is absolutely inappropriate,your bet suggests 4:1 direct pot odds to call,exactly opp need in case of Fd.My suggestion to bet like 2.5 into3.
      If the board was not with fd,most of the time check is good(wa/wb at least one or 2 streets) because very few cards can outdraw you.You can consider one street of value would be good here (should be worse hands to call).And about those AA on flop.Think how many combos of A left- 1 combo of AA and max 12Ax and compare to tight 3bet call range and loose 3bet call range.
      Turn:no bet imho here- you can't bet for value because very few worse hands call you,and raise on such board even from bad player usually means strengths.
      And you can't bet/raise for bluff- no Ax,neither flush fold here.Check/fold here is the best option,occasionally check/call against known habitual bluffer on dangerous boards (consider his range and combos,because you can have decent equity for egz.against other pairs).
      :f_confused: