I wish he told me that live.....

• cvora
      cvora
      Bronze
      Some monkey just kick me from tourney, after he steal from BU with 2BB bet, i pushed 12BB from BB with QJs (didnt expect to be called, but if so, i had some outs), and got insta called with K9o.....flop missed me completly and i am out...no hard feelings, but then, monkey said me that i am clown, going all in QJs on bubble, that he loves to catches fishes like me ?!? (with his monsters!!!!!).....etc....on the other SnG same monkey, open raises UTG for 4BB, everybody folds, me on BB AKs and 12BB, i push....insta call QJs!!!!! he catches QQx flop and wins, i am out from another SnG on bubble again!!!! And monkey start to talk again......now i am starting to tilt, not cause of cards, i tilt cause i cant break legs to that idiot ( more than 8000km from me) and wonder if he talks like that live, cause if he do, i cant see way he walks around on his legs......
  • 24 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I was bored once and shoved every hand in a live tournament. My opponent kept on calling me names and said that I should be happy poker is not a contact sport because my 87s beat his 99.

It's fucking sad if you can't handle the game and you want to hurt people because of it.
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      Do you think about stop shoving with QJs? :D
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Lol 99% of players that talk shit at the table are shit. I sometimes check these players on sharkscope to see how much they have lost, helps to ease the tilt.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      So you lose all around...............first your chips then your cool..........which probaly part of the villains intention anyway.

As for leg breaking ..........what if the villain was a 67 year old granny? Just one leg?
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Seriously, whats the problem here? Sure he talks sh*t. Its the internet dude, don't get into yet another flame war at the poker table. Trust me, doesn't end well.
      I think the most important thing to note is that asshole fish who THINK they are top stuff are the most profitable players for us to play against. Why? Because they've got their heads so far up their own asses that they'll keep depositing money on their accounts, keep playing above their bankroll, and keep playing bad poker. This just means more $$$ onto the site for us wiser players to absorb as winnings.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      So you lose all around...............first your chips then your cool..........which probaly part of the villains intention anyway.

As for leg breaking ..........what if the villain was a 67 year old granny? Just one leg?
      Duh, obv.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      dude, it's a game..... :rolleyes:
    • tuomasta
      tuomasta
      Bronze
      He played exacly right if he get you on tilt. Don't get it too serious.

Nowadays everybody is some kind of good player so this kind of tilting skills is valuable stuff.

If you had another tournament open with this same villain, you probably push any2 high card against him.

Remember its correctly to make some mistakes if you think profit is better when villain is on tilt. Also this shit talking is valuable if you get tilt somebody.

Sometimes i call with gutshots or backdoor draws. Villains get so tilt when i hit.

Ok there is some of my toughts... but looks like he is some kind of lucky fish.
    • cvora
      cvora
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      I was bored once and shoved every hand in a live tournament. My opponent kept on calling me names and said that I should be happy poker is not a contact sport because my 87s beat his 99.

It's fucking sad if you can't handle the game and you want to hurt people because of it.

I am not sure You understand, but its not same .....You beat him in poker, he talks.......HE beat me in poker and HE talks....You see difference????????? :-)
    • Cealin
      Cealin
      Bronze
      Next time you're on the table with that noob, flame him like crazy :s_cool:
    • geoelt
      geoelt
      Bronze
      I see the difference here, but anyway. Besides beating you, he also got u on tilt - not a bad result for him. Opponents on tilt is on the long run profitable...
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      There's a super simple solution to ur problem cvora: TURN OFF THE CHAT when u play poker. I bet it'll save u a lot of money and quite a few nerves as well.
    • ImAnAcehole9
      ImAnAcehole9
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy

Duh, obv.
      Break his/her arms :f_p: ............. and leg!
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Atoks
      There's a super simple solution to ur problem cvora: TURN OFF THE CHAT when u play poker. I bet it'll save u a lot of money and quite a few nerves as well.
      +1

i do that too
    • cvora
      cvora
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ImAnAcehole9
      Originally posted by Waiboy

Duh, obv.
      Break his/her arms :f_p: ............. and leg!

At last reasonable answer...:-) Like the way of thinking...... thumbs up
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      we have hand evaluation boards. I think we should have a table talk evaluation board. I consider it a skill that has a lot of +ev uses. It's easily as +ev as the squeeze play.

but sometimes, when you are losing chips and a donkey says "NICE HAND DONK" after putting a set over set beat on you, you should just stay away from the chat. I like to tell them that I'm turning THEIR chat off. makes them steam when they can't needle me.
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      flamewars ftw, what would poker be without them :D

it can help if you get sucked out and start flaming the guy instead of using that extra "anger-energy" on tilting your game. same as for that very same guy donking later and losing and you go congratulate him, well played sir, brilliant, i still can't believe how good call you made there, etc.

-talk can make other players change their game a bit :P though i guess it's not recommendable, a) waste of time mostly, b) you might get a warning for being bm
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      turn off chat
      problem solved
    • ImAnAcehole9
      ImAnAcehole9
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chuongdk
      turn off chat
      problem solved
      Shut down poker room
      problem solved

Shut down computer
      problem solved

Cut electricity
      problem solved

Throw computer out of window
      problem solved

Shoot oneself in the head
      problem solved

I like your black/white approach to things......very helpful.