Geting reraised with KK

• Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      I find that 9 times out of ten , at least at the limits I play( NL 20 and NL25),
      when you reraise , and get reraised, the guy has AA or KK.
      So if you play KK in this situation you loose either from AA or from the site rake if the guy also has KK and you split .Of course I´m talking about playing online.
      Is the EV still + is this situation?
  • 5 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Gungunhana!

I've seen it quite often that you get a 3-bet with AK, QQ and even JJ. So from my point of view it is still +EV to play KK here (and go all-in).
      There is one rule which is almost always true on the small and middle stakes: The 4th preflopraise means the guy (or girl) has aces.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Your observation is mistaken, you just don't remember the AK, QQ, JJ and odd hands. Any database will tell you that getting it all in with KK preflop and seeing a showdown (getting called / calling all in) is profitable in NLHE., at least with 100bb stacks.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Hi Puschkin81
      Thanks.
      This means that if you are playing KK it is probably better to make a standard reraise rather then go allin immediately, otherwise by the time you get reraised again you are done.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Hello Howard182

I´m referring specifically to the 4bet situation where the hand range is only AA and KK, (at least it is what the PS article on preflop betting recommends).

Apart from hitting a set (over 10:1 odds), you always lose either to AA or to the site rake if the other guy also has KK
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Gungunhana!

With KK I want to get all my money into the pot preflop. Dont think your opponents has aces everytime you get reraised. Kings are the second best starting hand and you will win with them in 82% of the cases against a random hand: Get your money in! :D

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81