I hate limit poker

• csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Just had a -60BB session over 400 hands just when i move up limits, i was down 25BB before i had even won a hand. Typical. Im such a sucker for punishment Limit makes me tilt so bad although in this session wasnt tilted at all as had very few beats most of them was either i didnt hit any flops or any draws, or when i made a hand the other guy had a better one.

Party treats me so badly, of all 4 sites i play on i run the worst on it yet, i play on it the most lol im so irrational.
  • 13 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi csnmf!

You should play No Limit :D

Just kidding. Play limit or no limit - whatever you prefer. What I want to say is: a 60BB downswing is nothing. I know players who lost 300BB and more in one session.
      Calm down, read our articles, post some of your sample hands and listen to our coachings. That should help! :)

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      60BB down sucks...but its pretty normal dude.

Before u know it u are used to it and dont know any better =)
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Oh joy a 70bb one today

such jems include in 3 consecutive hands at the same table i get dealt AA, AA, QQ all 3 busted by A3, AK and 77.

Why do i bother playing limit, such a waste of time slaving away for 1BB/100 im sticking to NL from now on less stress, more enjoyable, higher win rates.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I figured why limit tilts me so much and NL doesnt.

As in NL if i get raised i just fold and i dont get to see the rubbish they outdrew me with. Whereas in FL i basically see every single beat lol.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Lol! :D

That's why I play NL :P

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      over 400 hands that's quite much
    • mchaggis
      mchaggis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by csnmf
      I figured why limit tilts me so much and NL doesnt.

As in NL if i get raised i just fold and i dont get to see the rubbish they outdrew me with. Whereas in FL i basically see every single beat lol.
      I think the new party software also includes fold button for fixed limit. Try downloading the international version tho, cus dutch, swedish and australian don't have it (at all, not just at limit)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      :D Made my day!
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I think i must be the most stupid or stubborn person on the planet, 80BBs dropped

1000 hands vpip 20.34 wts 34.54
      won@sd 45.35
      won wsf 33.3
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      No no don't worry that's still fine altought the feeling is really really terrible.

But believe me there will be bigger swing and there is nothing you can do against it.

Btw if the w@sd is below 55% and the wts is not higher than usually you can book it under a downswing. (is book the correct word to use here?)
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      If you really feel stupid or that you're playing out of stubbornness, take a break. Come back in a week, or two weeks, or whenever you think "I think I'm ready to play poker now and win". Your emotional state is very important for good play, you are not a poker robot.

I'd say "file", cirith.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I think maybe im just not a winning limit player, although i think im much improved to when i first started so i may be a winning player now.

over 85k hands im basically breakeven well making 0.09 bb/100 but obviously that includes all my hands and so id like to think im playing better now than i did when i first started.

When i compare that to my NL stats where over 80k hands im currently winning at 5.08 PTBB/100 again this will include my earlier hands and id like to think that i have improved, my last 50k hands are at 6.5/100

So maybe i should just concentrate on NL, i think im more suited to it and since i have a fairly significant sample shows im much more profitable at it.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Probably the best thing you can do. If you like FL more then start posting hands en masse. :D