All right guys, good luck for the future.

• Chippolata
      Chippolata
      Bronze
      Oh well,

I won't post a graphic but let's say that what i feared kindof happened.

Therefore I decide to leave the online poker thingy as i couldn't find an investment return on my time :(

Maybe I am just not good enough or maybe the "variance" has been too bad on me...

Anyway, as I said, whatever the reason is, I didn't find what i was hopping for.

Good luck to all of you who are still trying :)
  • 6 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Not posting to flame u but I've been on some pretty awful runs myself. The worst a couple of years back when I waved bye bye to over 4k$ in a single month. It taught me a valuable lesson: BRM IS KEY and THERE IS NO SHAME IN MOVING DOWN IN LIMITS! For some it happens sooner for other later. If one is willing to try hard enough he is bound to get there though.

Good luck with whatever u decide to do in the future!
    • Chippolata
      Chippolata
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Atoks
      Not posting to flame u but I've been on some pretty awful runs myself. The worst a couple of years back when I waved bye bye to over 4k$ in a single month. It taught me a valuable lesson: BRM IS KEY and THERE IS NO SHAME IN MOVING DOWN IN LIMITS! For some it happens sooner for other later. If one is willing to try hard enough he is bound to get there though.

Good luck with whatever u decide to do in the future!
      I actually dont need to drop limit, i am still like twice the bankroll before i have to drop limit.

No, my real problem is that actually i am at a zero overall winning, well i m winning maybe $100 with the rakeback tbh.

This after 3 weeks of daily 6-8 hours play.

regarding the HUGE "variance" i can see myself as happy to still be a little positive.

The real thing is unfortunately that it just doesn't worth my time :(

over 1200 hours plus a $300 ($350 if i count PS $50) capital risk to earn a $100 that i could be losing in like 10 hands, seriously it is way more than i can afford.

On another hand i understand that you cannot earn huge amounts of money very fast.

But this mean that i would have to invest whether hundred of thousand of working hours to build a descent bankroll, whether to invest a large capital risk without having the experience required.

All in all it is way too big an investment for me. :(
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Your call dude, as I said, gl with whatever u do in the future :)
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      If you don't need the money that you already have in your account just leave it and play casually. I just noticed I am bronze as of today, was at one point about 20SP away from gold but stopped investing the time to play frequently. Now I play maybe 10 hours a week so don't really earn many SP but still get the enjoyment out of poker and my BR is growing, slowly mind you. Had a great session today playing NL10 for a little under 2 hours and less than 500 hands but still made 12.05. I don't see much point in grinding at low limits essentially for the same reasons you said, the time vs. return is not worth it.
    • ksh198
      ksh198
      Bronze
      IF you think the time is not worth it you don't believe in yourself enough. To get a "real" job you need study in university for like 3 years. Where you get 0 dollar for it. If you really wanna play poker I think you can be at NL100 easily after 1 year if you really going for it and that's just the start for your poker career. If you think about poker as it is money of course it will boring. You have to think it's a computergame where the money is your ranking and not actual money. When you play at higher stakes too. If you play NL200 and got 3k at the tables and you think about it it's kinda sick. Do whatever you want but time is not worth it, depends on who you are, if you are really stupid it's probably not worth it but I bet even a monkey could play winning poker.
    • Chippolata
      Chippolata
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ksh198
      IF you think the time is not worth it you don't believe in yourself enough. To get a "real" job you need study in university for like 3 years. Where you get 0 dollar for it. If you really wanna play poker I think you can be at NL100 easily after 1 year if you really going for it and that's just the start for your poker career. If you think about poker as it is money of course it will boring. You have to think it's a computergame where the money is your ranking and not actual money. When you play at higher stakes too. If you play NL200 and got 3k at the tables and you think about it it's kinda sick. Do whatever you want but time is not worth it, depends on who you are, if you are really stupid it's probably not worth it but I bet even a monkey could play winning poker.
      Yeah that would be true if i was like 18 year old and had nothing else to do.