This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Haha First Royal Flush

• Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Bronze
      This whole thread should probably be moved to Fun & Off-Topic.

This just happened like 15 minutes ago. I find it pretty funny since, I accidentally folded pocket Aces about 5 hands before.

- - -

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $21.20
      BU:
      $58.50
      SB:
      $8.52
      BB:
      $14.47
      UTG2:
      $6.86
      MP1:
      $6.66
      MP2:
      $29.64
      MP3(Hero):
      $4.70

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.25) Q, 7, J (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50, BB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($3.75) J (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.75) T (3 players)
      SB bets $1.25, BB calls $1.25, Hero raises to $3.45(All-In), SB calls $2.20, BB calls $2.20.

Final Pot: $14.1.
      Results follow:

BB shows a straight, queen high(9 8).
      Hero shows a royal flush(K A).
      SB shows a straight, king high(9 K).

Hero wins with a royal flush(K A).

- - -

I also find it funny because it was clubs, and this happened to me about a month ago. Standard fold, but still... haha

I also find it odd that I've had the chance to even hit two Royal Flushes in a span of 30-40 days. That seems really improbable. Let alone the same suits.
  • 16 replies
    • davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      Congrats!

But whats with the flop bet? You arent accomplishing anything with a bet like that.
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Bronze
      It was just a feeler bet. I assumed one of them would fold. Which wasn't the case. I didn't want to commit more chips since I had nothing either.
    • davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      Then you shouldnt have bet anything IMO. Or at least made a real bet. A bet like that wont accomplish anything especially against 2 players :P
    • nooberman
      nooberman
      Bronze
      I didn't get one for so long and then suddenly 3 with in the span of 1 week, 1 was on the 4th hand I played for the day and I got one just yesterday aswell :P
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      i still haven't even gotten a straight flush .

i would have made a striaght flush when i had a 4-7 Suited or something while i played nl2 sh a while ago but i folded it so it doesn't count >.<

what are the odds anyway? i've played so many hands. i can't believe i still haven't gotten one.

Hand No. of Ways Odds in 5 cards
      Royal Flush 4 1 in 649,740
      Straight Flush 36 1 in 72,193.33
      4 of a Kind 624 1 in 4,165
      Full House 3,744 1 in 694.16
      Flush 5,108 1 in 508.80
      Straight 10,200 1 in 254.80
      3 of a Kind 54,912 1 in 47.32
      Two Pairs 123,552 1 in 21.03
      One Pair 1,098,240 1 in 2.36
      No Pair 1,302,540 1 in 1.99

so unless you played 210k hands that week.. your are one lucky player lol.
      in my lifetime i've probably played slightly over a thousand hands. but since i dont play all the hands i get obviously i still haven't gotten one.

It's funny that most people will never get a royal flush in their entire life. If your a casual player ofcourse.

googled it.. thats insane
    • ImAnAcehole9
      ImAnAcehole9
      Bronze
      I have had 6 royal flushes all online.

3 :club: royals
      2 :heart: royals
      1 :diamond: royal

Never a spades royal :(
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      I've never seem one, i hardly get quads on a table or full house, let alone straight flush or royal straight flush
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      i've had 2 straight flushes last few days. and also quads a couple of times :f_grin:

wow 6 royal flushes thats pretty sick.. unless you have played almost 4million hands but somehow i doubt that lol
    • ImAnAcehole9
      ImAnAcehole9
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      i've had 2 straight flushes last few days. and also quads a couple of times :f_grin:

wow 6 royal flushes thats pretty sick.. unless you have played almost 4million hands but somehow i doubt that lol
      I have nothing to gain from lying clown. I have had 6 Royals and have played an enormous amount of hands live and online. I have never had a live royal flush, plenty of quads, straight flushes etc but no royal playing live
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I meant your a luckbox smart one
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      The flop bet is horrific, the board is right in their calling range and fish aren't even going to lay down a 10 because they think they will hit a backdoor straight 90% of the time. Raise to $1.00 pre flop also, and plus two players called. This "feeler bet" is doing nothing but loosing you money in the long run.
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Bronze
      Originally posted by THeGaME23
      The flop bet is horrific, the board is right in their calling range and fish aren't even going to lay down a 10 because they think they will hit a backdoor straight 90% of the time. Raise to $1.00 pre flop also, and plus two players called. This "feeler bet" is doing nothing but loosing you money in the long run.
      I enjoy it when people come in here attempting to give "advice" in such a hostile manner. In a thread that isn't asking for advice of any kind. You're one cool dude. :f_cool:
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      grr..I didnt hit that one in ages
    • ImAnAcehole9
      ImAnAcehole9
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      I meant your a luckbox smart one
      haha I wish I was a luckbox. I have certainly paid my dues when it comes to playing poker......I should be up to 25000 royals :f_p:
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      I hit a :spade: once in live poker... collected blinds. :f_mad:

Few hands later I got quads of 9.... collected blinds again. :f_mad:

More than a few hands later hit a top set on flop... I got paid and went busto against a donk catching his flush. :f_cool:
    • ImAnAcehole9
      ImAnAcehole9
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berkstajger
      I hit a :spade: once in live poker... collected blinds. :f_mad:

Few hands later I got quads of 9.... collected blinds again. :f_mad:

More than a few hands later hit a top set on flop... I got paid and went busto against a donk catching his flush. :f_cool:
      Yep that'll be right, just plain wrong isn't it! :rolleyes: