Live vs online poker..

• bullet101
      bullet101
      Bronze
      Hi all. just want your opinion. Tonight for the first time I played live poker at my local bar where i work, no one really plays seriously and by far i havr the most experience (thats how bad it is where i stay!). Anyway i did really bad, made one or 2 bluff attempts and got called, i also made some mistakes. I lost money in 2 stt's , it really destroyed me. In my opinion live and online is a big difference. Does anyone agree? and have similar stories to tell, plus advice... this has broken me. ps by the way we having the same event weekly and i would like to show them up. thanx ?(
  • 6 replies
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Remember: Poker with drunk guys = no fold equity.
    • bullet101
      bullet101
      Bronze
      very true, except most were not drunk, dont know what 2 do. alo seems i never got dealt any premium hands... I would like to learn live poker, there is really a big difersnece in my opinion.. im pretty embaressed after 2night.. but maybe in the long run good poker will pay off...,,, dont know..... X(
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Originally posted by harleytopper
      Remember: Poker with drunk guys = no fold equity.
      [2]

There's no difference in both pokers. The players are always different.
    • bullet101
      bullet101
      Bronze
      so any suggestions on mhy strategy for the weekly games to come. should i play small ball poker or tight aggressive.. please any input would be appreciated.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      With live games, the number of hands/hour is greatly reduced, so the number of good playable hands you get dealt in a session is also reduced.........you therefore have to be more patient and not play more marginal hands just for the sake of being involved.
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      You are also able to really get a feel for the table... Like, you can tell if a particular table or player has a tendency to go to showdown, or whether they'll fold their semi-made hand to a decent bet. Apart from that you also have to watch your visual and verbal tells if you're against other experienced live game players.