This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Live vs online poker..

• bullet101
      bullet101
      Bronze
      Hi all. just want your opinion. Tonight for the first time I played live poker at my local bar where i work, no one really plays seriously and by far i havr the most experience (thats how bad it is where i stay!). Anyway i did really bad, made one or 2 bluff attempts and got called, i also made some mistakes. I lost money in 2 stt's , it really destroyed me. In my opinion live and online is a big difference. Does anyone agree? and have similar stories to tell, plus advice... this has broken me. ps by the way we having the same event weekly and i would like to show them up. thanx ?(
  • 6 replies
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Remember: Poker with drunk guys = no fold equity.
    • bullet101
      bullet101
      Bronze
      very true, except most were not drunk, dont know what 2 do. alo seems i never got dealt any premium hands... I would like to learn live poker, there is really a big difersnece in my opinion.. im pretty embaressed after 2night.. but maybe in the long run good poker will pay off...,,, dont know..... X(
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Originally posted by harleytopper
      Remember: Poker with drunk guys = no fold equity.
      [2]

There's no difference in both pokers. The players are always different.
    • bullet101
      bullet101
      Bronze
      so any suggestions on mhy strategy for the weekly games to come. should i play small ball poker or tight aggressive.. please any input would be appreciated.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      With live games, the number of hands/hour is greatly reduced, so the number of good playable hands you get dealt in a session is also reduced.........you therefore have to be more patient and not play more marginal hands just for the sake of being involved.
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      You are also able to really get a feel for the table... Like, you can tell if a particular table or player has a tendency to go to showdown, or whether they'll fold their semi-made hand to a decent bet. Apart from that you also have to watch your visual and verbal tells if you're against other experienced live game players.