Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $25,10
      Hero:
      $29,89

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2:spade: , A:heart:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,75, SB calls $0,65, BB folds.

Flop: ($1,75) 5:heart: , K:diamond: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,25, SB calls $1,25.

Turn: ($4,25) K:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3,05, SB calls $3,05.

River: ($10,35) 6:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $6,15, SB calls $6,15.

Final Pot: $22,65

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (2s Ah)
      SB shows two pairs, kings and nines (9d 9s)

SB wins with two pairs, kings and nines (9d 9s)

As the board developed I thought that I can make him fold anything but K or a set.. wrong assumption obviously.. Super bad play by me ?

------------------------few hands later-------------------------

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25,00
      MP3:
      $35,42

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , K:heart:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,85, 3 folds, Hero raises to $3,00, MP3 calls $2,15.

Flop: ($6,10) 7:club: , K:diamond: , K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,35, MP3 calls $3,35.

Turn: ($12,80) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($12,80) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8,75, MP3 raises to $18,75, Hero calls $9,90 (All-In), MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $50,10

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, kings (Ad Kh)
      MP3 shows a straight, ace high (Ac Ts)

MP3 wins with a straight, ace high (Ac Ts)

Here with nuts on the turn i decided to check, because of the hand we played earlier.. I thought that he wouldnt think that I'm 2nd bareling him with air again. So i hoped he woudl valuebet every kind of hand and possibly try to take down the pot with marginal Ahi hands as well. On the river I dont think I could ever fold for thos 9dollars..
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

First of all, please don't post two hands into one thread, otherwise you can link two threads like post a link to other hand.

Hand 1

I am likely giving up on turn, I don't think that there is any possible way to make him to fold any kind of PP there and he is likely to have one.

Hand 2

I don't mind to Check/Raise the turn but not against this kind of player, I don't expect him to bet there, he ain't floating a lot of hands there, mostly some kind of PP hand. So likely with his WTS I am betting the turn also and river for value and hoping him to have any kind of PP. On river I am likely giving up, I don't think that we beat there much with what this kind of player is raising.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1) barreling is not wrong if you know that player can fold some kind of worse hands than trips or flush. Against unknown better is likely check back turn and fold to river bet or if he check to you then check back to see which hand he c/c flop
      2) Better is betting yourself on the turn and then shoving river, since he can make light calldowns with any pp now against you.
      b/c river is fine, although I´m not sure that you´re ahead most of the times you get too good odds that he is shoving with air or having worse Kx hand