This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] SH Top pair J kicker.

• babyBlond
      babyBlond
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU(Hero):
      $11.89
      SB:
      $10.05
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $12.50
      MP3:
      $17.43
      CO:
      $11.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB folds, BB raises to $1.40, Hero calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.85) 2, Q, 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.45, Hero raises to $3.20, BB raises to $8.60, Hero calls $5.40.

Turn: ($20.05) 6 (0 players)
      Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($20.05) 6 (0 players)
      Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $14.65.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, queens and sixs(J Q).
      BB shows two pairs, aces and sixs(A A).

BB wins with two pairs, aces and sixs(A A).
  • 3 replies
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Fold to the 3bet. His preflop 3bet should already tell you he has maybe JJ+, AQ+. I say raising his cbet is ok but his shove is really strong (KK+ AQ) so folding is the best choice.
    • davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      Buhhy is right about the preflop play, at first i thought you 3 bet him but its the other way. That usually means hes hit something nice.

His weak flop bet usually means hes got something. I would probably just fold considering your hand is marginal. I would fold and wait for a better time to commit.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Fold preflop unless he's been doing that a lot or you have some kind of read on him making you think he's weak.

On the flop he's not continuing to a raise with a worse hand unless you have history of check/raising him with air in that spot, so i'd just call the flop and see what happens on the turn. If he's barreling the turn a lot you can shove on him at that point, otherwise i think you're better off folding the turn UI.

Hope it helps.