Attempting SnG's

• DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Hi, after recieving my starting capital (thanks again PS :D ) on Titan and coming 6th in an MTT (cashing for $299), i've decided to make a deposit on PokerStars and try and make some cash playing the 9 man SnG's on there. This has always been my favourite format, and feel when I keep my patience and play my game, with thanks to the articles on here, I usually do quite well.

I've only made a small deposit, and will stick to the mere $1 SnG's until my bankroll allows me to move up; which I hope won't be too long. Played a few tonight, and done okay despite not getting the best of luck with cards. According to SharkScope, current Av. ROI is 39%, is this any good?

Was basically wondering, is there any software (preferably free, I am a student after all :P ) that are useful for SnG's, things that could help me track players or help me work out odds quicker than I can in my head while multitabling, that sorta thing.

Any other hints, tips and advice you could give as well would be great (remember, it's the 9 man ones i'll be focussing on mainly) :) .

Thanks in advance,

- DannyG13
  • 2 replies
    • Menschdefekt
      Menschdefekt
      Bronze
      Pokerstars has banned most programs that let you look up players stats and such.
    • Nazzor
      Nazzor
      Bronze
      Hey DannyG13,

ROI of 39% is more than good, but "Played a few tonight" doesn't imply you have a lot of hands under that ROI. Just stick to your playing, and see how ROI changes.

On micro stakes if you're really good player you can manage ROI of 20% (plus/minus), but as you climb up the stakes good ROI is 5%.

So anything positive is good, just try to increase the volume of your playing.

Software-wise,

Free ones are sharkscope.com, SNGEGT, holdemresources.net ICM Calculator, PokerStove, Popopop Universal Replayer and AHK scripts (multitabling)

When you get cash you can get some of the better ones, including: SNGWizard, SNG Power Tools, Poker Tracker and Hold'em Manager.

Hope it helps,
      -Nazzor