Rauns 2nd generation SSS [break]

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      Yo

i think its about time i start blogging again.
      its nice to have a place to whine a bit over bad days and brag when doing well.

many of you allready know me so i wont make a big intro.

i play nl200+ SSS. right now i stick to nl200 to build confidence after a major tilt in november but i have beaten nl 400 and 600 before as well.

i am a quite loose and very aggressive sss player and i think my speciality is to exploit tagfish. i play 6 tables so i can fully focus on the action on all tables.

i would have posted a lifetime graph but for some reason it isnt accurate so i will just give you my lifetime winnings instead (aug 1st 2009 - dec 1st 2009): 14460$ and my winrate for that period i think is ~6bb/100.

i only plan on playing ~700 hands on avg a day which is around 2 hours of play and i expect a winrate of ~5bb/100. hopefully december should bring in around 3000$ incl RB if i add some nl400 tables later. its less than i made before but its also less hands.

december so far:

net win: 120$
      ev win: 470$
      RB: 50$

Total winnings: 170$

target incl RB: 3000$
  • 151 replies
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      today i got a lot of bad beats but aside from that it was a nice day and i am very happy to see that my favourite tag fish Seconder has finally climbed to nl200. there are few players i'd rather have on my left side on a table.

in other news: i finished downloading dragon age: origins last night and started playing today and allthough it is not really what i expected i think it will keep me entertained for a while. the story seems good so far.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      It's nice to see you bloggin again, I always wondered why you ended your first one.

I'm sure you'll continue crushing like you did.

GL
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hey buddy nice to see new blog! =)

Ill be one of regular readers ;) Good luck in December =)
    • Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      Wish you the best and will read your blog ^^
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      thanks guys :)

@ rahx: well it was no fun to blog about being breakeven ^^

@ juice: thanks buddy good luck to you too and i hope SH works out well for you. i dont get why you picked partypoker though. people are so tight there, but maybe SH is different, i wouldnt know.

@ Skeat: thanks :)
    • alland
      alland
      Global
      Nice blog. I'll be a regular reader. You are Danish right? maybe you could look me over the shoulder sometime. I have been following your race and you seem to have realy figured it out ;-)

have fun blogging!
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      today was another day of running bad. im not complainting, cause im still almost on target, so it just makes me smile.

i have recently started limp/raising from EP when the table has a high avg pot and player/pot and i think its a good move so i can also get value from AJ's 99's and hands like that behind me.
      my inspiration for this is of course tac3nerf.

december:

net win: 170$
      ev win: 555$
      RB: 70$

Total winnings: 240$

december graph:

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      thanks alland :) yeah im danish. where are you from in denmark?
      sure i guess we can do a sweatsession sometime.
      you may also want to follow tac3nerf's blog if you want inspiration for your game. he is better than me imo.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      im having a break between sessions right now and for once it seems luck is on my side :) in the first session today i ran at 38bb/100 lol. so that brings my december winrate so far to 9bb/100 and im even running way below ev... its good to be back on nl 200 :D

update:

just finished my 2. session and it also went really well. all in all i have won 630$ today in 1k hands which is more than 30bb/100 :D but i waas also quite lucky.

i think i will implement another thing to the blog: song of the day.

and todays song of the day is:

december:

net win: 775$
      ev win: 930$
      RB: 90$

Total winnings: 865$

• drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Hi Raun

What is your nick on Cake, as probably i saw you today in the morning on my table at NL200 :) :s_cool:
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      hi drachdudek, thanks for posting :)

actually i'd rather not say my nick. sorry. i hope you dont mind.

but i have seen you around and if you feel like discussing strategy, opponents or whatever feel free to add me on msn: rasmusraun@hotmail.com
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raun
      thanks alland :) yeah im danish. where are you from in denmark?
      sure i guess we can do a sweatsession sometime.
      you may also want to follow tac3nerf's blog if you want inspiration for your game. he is better than me imo.
      Hi raun. Its nice seeing you started another blog.

Please don't give me so much credit, I was just really lucky the past two months.

I have been busy with work since the start of the month so I haven't really played poker for the past few days.

I know you can easily reach $3000 winnings + rakeback in just half a month. :)

Good luck to both of us!

SSS rules. :)
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      hi drachdudek, thanks for posting :)

actually i'd rather not say my nick. sorry. i hope you dont mind.

but i have seen you around and if you feel like discussing strategy, opponents or whatever feel free to add me on msn: rasmusraun@hotmail.com
      Thanks Raun, actually i dont use MSN, only gmail chat :( , but nevertheless i added your email, and i ll contact you, as i would really like to discuss especially about opponents on Cake on this levels of play, as you have probably more info and notes as me ;) ...Regards, Drach
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      nice to see a raun blog. gl with it :) nice win rate this month so far too!
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      @ tac3znarf: thanks but with the number of hands i currently play and on the current limit i would have to run extremely well to manage that kind of winnings. and i am also working on lowering my expectations. because otherwise i push myself to hard and make to many high variance moves in order to make big winnings.

@ishindar: :D thanks for posting and good luck to you too mate.
      when will we see a ishindar blog? i think many people would love to see that because of your SSS style and your succes.
      and also, how is that upstairs office room you spoke of comming along?

im finished for today and i finished 167$ but that was only due to some pretty extreme luck. i was playing horribly tbh.

i am currently reconsidering the limp/push move from EP and also my line on A high boards.

for the last couple of months i have been following a running program for beginners and yesterday i ran around 15 min or ~2.5km. it doesnt sound like much but it was :) in 1 month i should be able to run 30 min or ~5km.

today instead of a song of the day i have a babe of the day for ya.

Mood: happy

december:

net win: 940$
      ev win: 940$
      RB: 80$

Total winnings: 1020$

• Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      @ishindar: :D thanks for posting and good luck to you too mate.
      when will we see a ishindar blog? i think many people would love to see that because of your SSS style and your succes.
      and also, how is that upstairs office room you spoke of coming along?

Mood: happy

december:

net win: 940$
      ev win: 940$
      RB: 80$

Total winnings: 1020$

i duno about making a blog, i think it puts pressure on a little and that can be bad for my game :)
      maybe i will tho soon as its nice to look back at progress.
      getting the attic converted next week and will take 2 weeks. so after christmass ill have a quiet haven to play some poker and finally move up to NL200 and beyond.
      i have 4 kids and i play poker in the living room lol so u can imagine its hard to make decisions for
      20$ a go, with such distraction ?(
      some things im working on this month to boost my profits are ... stealing with 2bbs, i know this is standard enuf on NL200 and up but on NL100 on FTP 3bb is the standard. from other tests, i discovered that its likely that resteals and calls are almost entirely a function of the hole cards of the villan rather than my stats or steal agression. Im hoping to increase my profits a little with this change but ill see how it goes.
      another thing im doing is pushing all in from bu, sb and bb against 2 donk limpers. with A7+ 66+ . the donk limpers must have vpip > 35 which is a common enough spot, maybe 1 in 100 hands. it looks like a risky high varience move but its proving to be very profitable so far. i get called by a donk with trash pretty often and make a full stack or they both fold and i pick up 3.5bb. occassionally i will get called by better but i think this will be to rare to worry about!

woudl be great if you could share some of your profitable spots and what parts of your game u are improving etc. :)

your win rate is off the scale already this month lol. im running at 7.74bb/100 so far this month and im pretty happy with that, although it will for sure.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      well i have played less than 5k hands so my winrate which is ~11bb/100 atm wont last long i think hehe. i have just been running pretty good these last days.

profitable spots ? hmm... well i dont really have many "moves", i just try to adapt to/exploit my opponent. but i can try and name a few examples:

- i also like to push quite loose against limpers from lp and blinds we often get a sick FE here and good odds if called. but thats more like 77+, AT+, KQ, A9s+ so not nearly as loose as you. but it of course depends on the opponents in the end.

- i also resteal, squeze, 3bet vs a loose isolation raiser: quite loosely.
      but of course it all depends on the opponent. i have seen people who isolation raised so loosely and folded such a big part of that range that i think i could 3bet any 2.

- i dont worry overly much about balance and especially not when up against a fish or an unknown. so im not shy of making a c/r in a spot i would allways cbet if im up against an aggressive fish.

i know this was not what you were hoping for but its just about adapting to the opponent and figuring out where and how you can make money off of him in different situations. doesnt matter if you are in freeplay or whatever. allways be looking for leaks and weaknesses with your opponent that you can exploit.

i allready mentioned a few parts of my game that im trying to improve i cant think of anything else right now.

and i totally get what you are saying about that pressure. thats what killed me last month.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      i just finished a very short session of 280 hands and i lost 80$. i played like crap and ran bad. i dont feel like playing more today.

i hate playing in the weekends. the loose and weird play just doesnt suit me at all and i cant seem to adapt very well.

plus im cursed with some sick bad luck in weekends.
      from 15. septemper to today 6th of december my total winnings in weekends has been -1026$ yet my expevted winnings are 1715$ in a total of ~17500 hands.

i know that isnt a big sample but isnt that just sick ? i mean if we calculate with an avg bb of 2 then im running 1370 big blinds below ev in weekends.
      and im running like 2100 bb below donk factor but i dunno how much i trust that.

and whats worse is that i think its starting to affect me and make me play worse in weekends.

song of the day:

Mood: sad

december:

net win: 865$
      ev win: 915$
      RB: 110$

Total winnings: 975$

• JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hey Raun =) .. Cmoon change your mood to happy =) ..

1. You are winning money.
      2. You know you should be winning even more money, so you can expect more in the future.

:P