Cashing out for christmas/stupid dollar

• DejaLoin
      DejaLoin
      Bronze
      I've been thinking about withdrawing some $ for xmas, but doesn't it just kill you inside to withdraw like $100 and all you get in the end is around...60€? :f_eek:
      I can't seem to do it, feels like throwing money in the garbage.
      Any economist out there want to confort me and tell me dollar will recover soon? :D

1USD - 0.66EUR is just ridiculous :s_frown: .
  • 12 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      The dollar will not recover soon.
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      I'm only playing € tables now, that's a solution!
    • DejaLoin
      DejaLoin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NIVEKii
      I'm only playing € tables now, that's a solution!
      Yes, I've heard Pokerstars introduced that a while ago, I'm waiting for FTP to follow...
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Dollar won't likely recover to anywhere near its level from two years ago for another year or two. Being Canadian and paying wayyyyyyy too much for my cable I have access to tons of European and North American financial news, oh ya, and a background in Economics. If anything I could see a bigger drop in the dollar in the next 6 months.
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      You win less when playing with dollars, but you also risk less... Go up in limit will give the same results as changing to £, right?
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      That's right, janus, but what about when you're not playing? Aften winning session, you check your account and find out that it's worth 50 cheeseburgers. But waking up in the morning you find that London FX market went crazy after trading the news and your bankroll is now only worth 45 cheeseburgers. This way you lose value, not only potentional value by not playing, but also the cheeseburger value.

I'll quit drinking, I swear.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Not without the ability and BR to do so, you'll actually risk more if you thinkabout it.
    • wquinn636
      wquinn636
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jackalof
      That's right, janus, but what about when you're not playing? Aften winning session, you check your account and find out that it's worth 50 cheeseburgers. But waking up in the morning you find that London FX market went crazy after trading the news and your bankroll is now only worth 45 cheeseburgers. This way you lose value, not only potentional value by not playing, but also the cheeseburger value.

I'll quit drinking, I swear.
      That's true of any currency though. You're just as likely to wake up in the morning and find you have 55 cheeseburgers in your account :tongue:
    • AlcopopDK
      AlcopopDK
      Bronze
      i can't way for pokerstars to open cheeseburger tables aswell as € tables... wouldn't it just be gr8 raise a pot like 21 cheeseburgers ?? :D
    • arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      Guys, Just get your account in a currency that's not dollars, that way you don't lose money in exchanging fees either. I have my Mansion account in SEK (Swedish Kronor) and that way sure, my account balance in dollars can change, but it doesn't affect my bankroll at all since I withdraw SEK. I'm sure this is not news to you but I'm sure a lot of people have $ as their chosen currency even if it's not the currency they use the most IRL.

Cheeseburgers is not a good currency since the price for cheeseburgers can change. So if the dollar goes down and the cheeseburger gets cheaper also, you lose even more money :(
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      But think about it - withdrawing cheeseburgers is very convenient, because you can either spend them or EAT them! I hear they're good for your health and make you slim and flexible.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Its simple...when the conversion rates allow it Simpley deposit any money you dont need to add to your bankroll (treat it as an investment) And when the conversion rate is more rewarding withdrew it... :D