PartyPoker Points

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      As of December 2nd, PartyPoker has changed their PartyPoints accumulation structure from a "raked hand" to a "contributed rake" based system. From now on you receive 2 PartyPoints for every dollar of rake you generate, no matter how and where the rake is generated.

This is great news for every No-Limit player as well as terrible news for every Limit player, but it does make the system more fair overall.

My earlier complaints about PartyPoker's false rakeback claims are hereby null and void :)
  • 22 replies
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      This is really great news and a small success for yourself SonicXT i'm sure your emails to them made a difference! Congratulations
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Well done, SonicXT :f_biggrin:
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      So for me playing 10nl SSS is this new system beneficial to me ? Or is it just marginal either way and makes no difference to low limit players in NL. Just curious thats all thanks in advance for the answer :)

Swire
    • Divinek
      Divinek
      Bronze
      is this really so bad compared to before?

$0.10/$0.20 & $0.15/$0.30 2-10 $0.01 per $0.20

so in the average 1 dollar pot, it will rake 10 cents, so you only need to play 10 hands with rake to get 2 pp?

or is it the rake that actually comes out only from money YOU bet? If so that's ridiculous.

wouldnt that mean you have to bet 20 dollars total into the pots to get 2 pp? jesus
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      For some limits, it has gotten a lot worse.
      For others, it's gotten a lot better

What happens now in your example is :
      Suppose you're involved in a 2 way pot and the pot reaches 1 $, than the both of you contributed 2.5 cents to the 5 cents of rake that are being paid, generating 0.05 PP in that hand.

That is not ridiculous in my opinion.
      Everyone receives an equal amount of points in comparison to the money they have paid PartyPoker, whether you play limit, no limit, omaha or tournaments.
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      What happens now in your example is :
      Suppose you're involved in a 2 way pot and the pot reaches 1 $, than the both of you contributed 2.5 cents to the 5 cents of rake that are being paid, generating 0.05 PP in that hand.
      I'm not sure about this. Party says this:

Generated rake is calculated by dividing the total rake collected in that hand by the number of players who were dealt cards.

From my POV it means that those 5 cents are divided by 10 on FR and 6 on SH table no matter if You are HU or in family pot (assuming tables are full).

On top of that:

Raked hand
      A hand that a) a player participates in (dealt cards) and b) has generated at least $0.01 in rake for that player.

As I understand it, to get some points (generate rake), rake have to be at least 10 cents for FR and 6 cents for SH.
    • DukeFreedom
      DukeFreedom
      Black
      I don't love you anymore. :f_cry:
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      I guess ShortStackers will be getting a ton of PP while MT with the new system.
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      MT what do you mean?
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Swire
      MT what do you mean?
      Multitabling?=) just my guess
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      Originally posted by Swire
      MT what do you mean?
      Multitabling?=) just my guess
      yea Juice has got it right
    • Divinek
      Divinek
      Bronze
      So I'm not sure I'm understanding exactly how this compares to the old system. But for FL micro stakes is it alot worse? From what I've noticed it seems about the same but i trust the math more than just how I'm observing things.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      im not sure about the change since its just a small sample (i played only 2.5k hands before the change so...) but still from the calculations i made i am earning more party points now.. i play NL50SH..
    • DukeFreedom
      DukeFreedom
      Black
      Originally posted by Divinek
      So I'm not sure I'm understanding exactly how this compares to the old system. But for FL micro stakes is it alot worse? From what I've noticed it seems about the same but i trust the math more than just how I'm observing things.
      It's a lot worse for pretty much all FL stakes.
    • bluffalot123
      bluffalot123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DukeFreedom
      Originally posted by Divinek
      It's a lot worse for pretty much all FL stakes.
      why?
    • DukeFreedom
      DukeFreedom
      Black
      Well at least on $2/4+ and $0.50/1 you used to get more than 2 partypoints / $1 rake.
    • Dinde
      Dinde
      Bronze
      Hello, im from polish community of pokerstrategy.

How does new PartyPoints system on NL25FR looks?

You gain more or less partypoints than before?
      If someone knows, how much i have to play ( ~+/- 5k hands ) to get my bonus? Its 500$.

I have asked on my native forum, but noone could answer me.

Redgards, Artur.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      From what I could understand on the German forum, the microstakes full ring games receive less points than before while the shorthanded games receive more than before.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Sonic, what limits are you playing? NL100 - NL200, if I'm not wrong, isn't it?

Would you be kind and post the average rake/100 hands you pay in NL100?

Cheers