[NL2-NL10] NL25 sss AQo

• huehnchen666
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.15/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q, A.
      UTG1 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.25, 4 folds, BU calls $1.25, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($4.15) K, T, 2 (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($4.15) 8 (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks, BU bets $2.20, UTG1 raises to $4.40, Hero folds, BU calls $2.20.

River: ($12.95) J (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $12.95, BU folds, UTG1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $12.95.

Just wondering whether I should have placed a bet on the turn or not. I didn't cbet the flop because of the multiway pot and me not hitting anything. I wasn't sure whether to bet the turn or not because everybody checked the flop, decided to check again. Though I don't think BU had any good hands there. Not sure about UTG ... seeing the action after me he might as well have had nice hand there. I haven't had any reliable stats in this situation ... both players just 20/25 hands. So far UTG was pretty loose with 53/21 and BU rather tight with 12/12.

Thanks for your help
  • 2 replies
    • Ishindar
      i think you played this one perfect u didnt have the pot/win odds to make or call any bets here. better to wait for a better spot when u are more sure to be ahead.
    • burek2000
      Hey huehnchen666,

welcome to the SSS forum!

Nice hand. There is no need/value in placing a bet on flop or turn against 2 opponents. You only have a gutshot and maybe 1 overcard, so it's better to just give up although your GS out showed up on the river you would be loosing money in the long term if you invested more money in this hand. Besides if you wanted to bet turn you would have to shove all-in because you only have potsize left which is another reason to just give up.